ProNRG + ZMA = insomnia

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by skitz, Dec 11, 2002.

1. skitz

skitz New Member

I just started taking ProEnergy and ZMA 2 days ago. I know that's really soon to start complaining, but the past 2 nights I almost feel like I'm hyperactive! I've never been a great sleeper (suffered insomnia for the past 4 yrs)but I find myself tired all day, then at bed time I sleep for an hour or so then I'm wide awake and my mind is racing.

Does this happen to anyone else?

I've taken the ZMA about a half-hour before bed and the ProEnergy in the a.m. then again just b4 bed. Is that how those of you who've used this successfully do it?

Open to suggestions...

:D Sharon
  2. skitz

skitz New Member

I just started taking ProEnergy and ZMA 2 days ago. I know that's really soon to start complaining, but the past 2 nights I almost feel like I'm hyperactive! I've never been a great sleeper (suffered insomnia for the past 4 yrs)but I find myself tired all day, then at bed time I sleep for an hour or so then I'm wide awake and my mind is racing.

Does this happen to anyone else?

I've taken the ZMA about a half-hour before bed and the ProEnergy in the a.m. then again just b4 bed. Is that how those of you who've used this successfully do it?

Open to suggestions...

:D Sharon
  3. Shirl

Shirl New Member

The very first night I took ZMA, I was hyper too. I don't know if it was just 'me' being skeptical (as I am a critic sometimes), or if the reaction I had was for real.

But I decided to give it another try. I started taking it at 10pm, then right before I go to bed(about 12 midnight) I take a 3 milligram of Melatonin.
    I have been sleeping so wonderfully, that sometimes I don't wake up for a bathroom run, and have a stomach ache in the morning.

As for the Pro Energy, I take them before breakfast(with a glass of water), then before lunch(with a glass of water). Its best to spread the magnesium out through the day if you can.

It took the ZMA about ten days before I got the benefits of it.

As for the Pro Energy, I have been taking that for about two years now. Between the two, my pain level is way down, and I rarely have spasms anymore. Plus with the ZMA I am sleeping at the least; 7-8 hours deeply per night.

Give it a little more time, and see what happens. Try taking the ZMA earlier like I do.

What could be the problem, is that your system is reacting to the magnesium. I think that could have been my problem
    too. Most of us are so deficient that our bodies must go wack-o when it gets a dose of something we are depelted of!

HOpe this helps, and I sincerely hope this works for you like it has for me. My whole life has changed with a good nights sleep!

Shalom, Shirl

[This Message was Edited on 12/11/2002]