Propel Water

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by JPach007, Oct 28, 2005.

1. JPach007

JPach007 New Member

How many of you have tried Propel fitness water?
    I really hate drinking regular water, so I started buying Propel..they have many flavors, all include vitamin c, e, B6, niacin, b12, pantothenic acid. I drink about 3 16.9 oz. bottles everyday. If it wasnt for Propel, I wouldnt drink any water at all!
  2. twerp

twerp New Member

I love them. No artificial sweeteners and not much sugar either. Especially like the grape. I drink 2 per day usually.

Also, you can find them at Sam's if there's one near you.

Hugs,
    Twerp
  3. mrafirst

mrafirst New Member

Hi,
    I have been using this product for a few weeks with my DD, who had a very bad habit of drinking too many colas. She seems to have cut down on them and will drink this water for the flavor. FWIW, she prefers the berry!
    YMMV
    Mary Rose
  4. fivesue

fivesue New Member

There is no artificial sweetener in Propel? I thought I bought some once and it did have some. I tasted it right off and stopped drinking it fast.

Is this the one made by Gatorade? Or am I thinking of something else? Is there another water-type drink in a blue plastic bottle (right?) that has artificial sweetener?

Boy, I'm going to check to see because I would love to have some lightly flavored water. Thanks for the news.

Sue
  5. JPach007

JPach007 New Member

Sue,
    Yes it is the one in the blue bottle made by Gatorade. It contains no fruit juices, not sure about artif. sweet. For more info they have a website: www.propelwater.com I havent been there yet, but I saw it on the bottle
    :)
  6. fivesue

fivesue New Member

I will look at the web site. I appreciate your answering my question. (-:

Hugs,
    Sue
  7. fivesue

fivesue New Member

but the site didn't give a full list of ingredients. I guess the next time I go to the store, I will look at the label to see. I would love to use it, but I do not use artificial sweeteners. Not a fanatic, but I don't like them, the taste and how I feel afterwards. So, I'll let you know what I find.

Thanks again,
    Sue
  8. goaska29

goaska29 New Member

I'm drinking one right now and on the ingredients it lists sucralose which is another word for Splenda.
  9. getfitat40

getfitat40 New Member

I too sit here drinking propel...the only sugars I see in the ingredients are the two above. And they turn out to be Splenda.

From Answers.com:
    "Sucralose is a potent non-caloric sweetener, also known by the trade name Splenda. It is 500–700 times sweeter than sucrose, making it roughly twice as sweet as saccharin. It is manufactured by the selective chlorination of sucrose, by which three of sucrose's hydroxyl groups are substituted with chlorine atoms to produce 1,6-dichloro-1,6-dioxy-ß-D-fructo-furanosyl 4-chloro-4-deoxy-a-D-galactopyranoside. Unlike aspartame, it is stable under heat and over a broad range of pH conditions, and can be used in baking, or in products that require a long shelf life."

I try not to eat/drink Aspartame...and so far I have no problems with Splenda. Hope this helps - I love Propel!
  10. fivesue

fivesue New Member

I don't use any artificial sweeteners, and I thought there was a reason I didn't like Propel...and now I know why. Thank you for posting that.

As I was in the drug store today with my hands full, I walked by the Propel, wanted to stop but couldn't. So, see, I didn't need to...you guys had it nailed down.

(-:
    Sue
  11. ldbgcoleman

ldbgcoleman New Member

I make Lemonade with fresh lemons and stevia. It is an alternative to water with no artificial sweetners.