protein cookie recipe

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Shannonsparkles, Nov 26, 2005.

1. Shannonsparkles

Shannonsparkles New Member

I whipped up a batch of these the other day. I think they will work for any kind of nut and seed, and you could try using some nice spices in them. These are great to grab when you need that quick protein fix. Just store them in the freezer.

SHANNON'S PUMPKIN SEED COOKIES
    2 cups raw pumpkin seeds (or any kind of nut or seed)
    8 T sugar or xylitol
    1 1/2 tsp salt
    1 tsp oil (optional)
    2 eggs
    1/2 tsp baking soda
    cinnamon

Toast pumpkin seeds at 350*F till lightly golden, grind in blender half at a time with sugar and salt. Place pumpkin seed mixture in a large bowl. Stir in eggs, oil and baking soda till well mixed. Spoon onto greased cookie sheet, leaving an inch or two space between the cookies. Bake for 10-15 minutes, sprinkle with cinnamon.

Hope you like them! :)
  2. Jeanne-in-Canada

Jeanne-in-Canada New Member

A vegetarian restaurant makes good nut/seed cookies w/ spices. Gluten free too. I can't get there often, but just one cookie made a great bedtime snack and the high magnesium made me relaxed too.

jeanne
  3. hagardreams

hagardreams New Member

Thanks for that recipe. I have been looking for some cookies that have protein for my blood sugars. I will try them soon. God bless, Julie
  4. Fudge43

Fudge43 New Member

Shannon, where do you buy your seeds from ? .. do they have to be raw for freshness ?
    Fudge : )
  5. LindaW

LindaW New Member

thanks for the receipe, I will definitely try it-
    Lw
  6. XKathiX

XKathiX New Member

Thanks for the recipe! I made these this afternoon. Instead of cinnamon on top, I mixed in the cinnamon, nutmeg, and ginger. I also had some left over canned pumpkin in the fridge, so I threw that in as well.

They taste pretty good!

Kathi
  7. Shannonsparkles

Shannonsparkles New Member

You guys are SO nice.

I get my seeds and nuts raw from the health food store refrigerated section so they're fresh. I'm going try to making the cookies using pecans today, see what they're like.

If you have a food processor, I bet you could throw all the ingredients in there together and grind it into dough. Even easier!

xkathyx, your pumpkin spice cookies sound delicious! How much pumpkin did you use? yummm! Anybody got other variations on the recipie? :) ((( ))) I bet some dried fruit would be nice too...
  8. Tiels

Tiels New Member

to have a couple of cookie recipes now that have no flour!! The peanutbutter cookie recipe with the 3 ing. is wonderful! Thanks so much you all!!! :)
  9. XKathiX

XKathiX New Member

Hi there,

I think I probably added about 1/2 cup of canned pumpkin. I just kind of kept adding until it got to where it might be too thin.

My sister liked them but she could really taste the salt. So I think next time I'll cut the salt a little bit.

-Kathi