Protein Drink Recipes

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by greatgran, Feb 14, 2006.

1. greatgran

greatgran Member

Along with this dd I also have reactive hypoglycemia and need protien..There are times I don't like to eat and would love a good protien drink with no carbs or sugar..Does anyone have a recipe for this type of drink? I would like one I could use for a meal..Or ones that you could purchase..

Thanks,
    greatgran
  2. ncats

ncats New Member

Hi greatgran,

I Love the vitaminshoppe brand protein drink, Vanilla,
    Chocolate and the Strawberry. I make them with Lite
    CoConut milk In the blender with crushed ice and they come
    out very thick and creamy! I have tried many and I love the
    taste of this brand.
    Ncats
  3. leomonkey

leomonkey Member

I use denatured whey, half a ripped banana and either 1 cup juice or milk (I use goat's milk because I can tolerate it). It is quick and simple!
  4. Shannonsparkles

Shannonsparkles New Member

Mine is 3 tablespoons organic whey protein, one tablespoon goat mineral whey (makes it taste better, but has some carbs so you can skip it if you want to) and a teaspoon of xylitol to sweeten, stirred into a glass of water. Put the powders in first, then stir in water to make it into a paste, then fill with water the rest of the way. It's my breakfast most days, with a few cellery sticks or some nuts. :) My fingernails are SO much stronger since starting protein powder!!!

There's also help protein and a couple other kinds at the health food store.
  5. foggyfroggy

foggyfroggy Guest