Protrucing Abdomen, Fatigue, Shortness of Breath

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by dhcpolwnk, Jul 2, 2006.

1. dhcpolwnk

dhcpolwnk New Member

I'm feeling like a hypochondriac lately (and not for the first time).

I have fibromyalgia (along with many of the associated problems, like TMJ dysfunction and GERD) as well as multiple sclerosis. In the last few days, I've been having significant fatigue, along with light-headedness and shortness of breath after even minor activity (like storting or folding laundry).

For the past couple of years, I have been doing a modified form of yoga and PT exercises on a regular basis, and I think that has helped me a lot. I have lost excess weight, my diet has improved, and I have felt stronger and better coordinated.

But I've noticed that more recently, my abdomen seems to protrude, and my posture seems to be getting worse (especially when I'm tired, which figures, I guess). Now I have the fatigue, shortness of breath and brain fog (probably related to the fatigue).

What concerns me most right now is the protruding abdomen. I've read that ovarian cancer can be related to fatigue, shortness of breath, and a protruding abdomen, but I don't want to jump to conclusions--especially since these symptoms also could be related to my MS, fibro and aging. (I'm 61.)

This probably isn't even the right forum to be asking about this, but everyone here has been so helpful to me in the past that I thought I'd mention it just in case anybody else has experienced similar symptoms.

I know I need to talk to a doctor about this, and I will, but meanwhile, I'd be interested in anything others may be willing and able to share with me.

Thanks.

--Laura

2. BlueSky555

BlueSky555 New Member

UNBELIEVABLE!!!

I this forum is the place to ask about anything; I have found that so many here have most of the same issues/problems/questions that I have. However, I never thought anyone would come up with this but now, I believe anything is possible on this message board, thanks to all.

Oh, by the way, I pulled up your profile and was amazed to see you playing the keyboard as I am/was a musician as well and wrote some songs and play all by ear, as well as other instruments also. I will pull up some of your music; I'm very interested in hearing it.

I have been having problems with my abdomen protruding lately but thought it was just weight. Then began having pain but still throught nothing of it. Also fatigue and short breath. I went to Rheumy and had bloodwork and found that I was highly anemic and now must have more bloodwork and a colonoscopy. I have not had a hysterectomy and not had my physical this year; now very scary. The Dr. thinks I may be bleeding upper GI or lower GI, and that's why I must have the colonscopy.

Sorry this was long but just had a lot to say. If I get any answers, I will definitely let you know and if you get some, would you please let me know?

Hopefully, you will get more answers here also and this is something we both need checked.

BlueSky555

PLEASE don't let this scare you; everyone is different.

[This Message was Edited on 07/02/2006]
  3. SherylD

SherylD Guest

Hi...I have all of the same symptoms you mention...

I do believe it is diet related...I just have not figured out what...

One thing that I wonder about is salt...I find if I eat salt my symptoms seem to get worse..

Or yeast is the other thing I wonder about...

But tonight I had a bunch of Natural Lays chips...and my symptoms are really bad...I almost feel drunk with a bunch of pain and stiffness too...and my stomach is huge! But it is my lower abdomen that get huge...

I also have swelling(hands and feet) and my mouth is raw...These are symptoms that have just started lately..So taht is why I think salt...It happens with just the smallest amount of salt...First my lips with burn and then about 10 mon. later all the other things happen..

So maybe keep an eye on your diet and see if you notice anything that might be causing it...

And keep us posted!!

SherylD
  4. patarogers123

patarogers123 New Member

Hi, Pat here. I'm interested in this gastric emptying test. I have the protruding stomach and the weight gain. My doc thought it was gallbladder and I had a colonoscopy and ct scan, but nothing was found. Thank God. What is this gastric emptying test?