Protrusion/bulge disk

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by jack, Feb 7, 2003.

1. jack

jack New Member

Does anyone know the difference between a cervical disk protrusion or disk bulge?In top of fibro, my doctor said I have a disk protrusion. My father has a disk bulge so we were trying to find out what is the difference.
    Thank you.
    Jack
  2. bubblegum

bubblegum New Member

Since 1981 I have suffered with back pain. In reference to the origin of the pain Doctors have used various terms: Bulging disc; protruding disc; slipped disc and herniated disc. and the latest is degenerate disc disease secondary to right sided sciatica.
    Ciao 4 Now
    Sandy
  3. Beth37

Beth37 New Member

Hi,Jack,I am not really sure what the difference is I had both,too.The herniated disc problem went away with massage therapy,but later had surgery for on the disc that was disc protrusion.I have a some advice for you though,don't let them operate.I only got worse,alot worse,when they operated thay put in a plate and screws and when they done that they locked it in place with my cervical spine curved the wrong way.Chiropractor,which doesn't believe in Fibro.,said that was my problem that all the pressure from my neck was causing all my sumptoms.Causing my hips to go out of adjustment,very painful.Which makes since to me,even though he doesn't believe in Fibro.Well,I will quit rattling.Wish you luck.Beth