Proud mom moment, daughter's Irish wedding picture

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by ckball, Jul 11, 2007.

1. ckball

ckball New Member

Hello all, I finally was able to get a wedding picture from my daughter. They were married in Finglas, Ireland May 31st. They were married in the same church his great-great grandparents were married in.

Then they spent 10 days traveling in Ireland, staying at quaint B & B's. It was her fairy tale wedding. I was not able to go because of my health.

There was no way I could have sat on a plane for 7 hours, then all the walking would have been so hard.

I love this picture, they look so happy. I just wanted to share with everyone that sometimes we do get our fairytale endings- always have hope-Carla
    [This Message was Edited on 07/11/2007]
  2. bandmom90

bandmom90 New Member

How beautiful. You should be very proud!
  3. rockgor

rockgor Well-Known Member

Where is the happy couple going to live?

4. sisland

sisland New Member

Beautiful Photo of your Daughter and Her Husband! Congratulations to all!,,,,,,,,,they look very Happy!,,,,,Sis
  5. hugs4evry1

hugs4evry1 New Member

I think the fairytale is that it was sunny in Ireland that day!!!!!!!!!!!!

What a beautiful picture, I know how much this must have hurt not being able to attend.

Nancy B
  6. 69mach1

69mach1 New Member

that is really special for you i am sure...

7. victoria

victoria New Member

and in a fairy-tale dress, looks like an illustration of olden tales...

So sorry you couldn't make it, I hope they took some videos of it all as well to share with you!

all the best,

8. paulmack

paulmack New Member

Beautiful pic,you must be a very proud mum.Ireland for some reason does seem to conjure up magical & fairytale stories,even if it is a little expensive these days,esp for accommodation.
  9. Rosiebud

Rosiebud New Member

I absolutely love your daughter's dress......its beautiful and sort of fits the surroundings.

Lovely photo, nice memories for them.

10. Marta608

Marta608 Member

Awwwww, it gave me chills, Carla. What a beautiful couple and precious story. Thanks for sharing it.

11. ckball

ckball New Member

They have been planning this wedding over a year. Her dress was made for her by a freind that was a seamtress. She found a picture of what she wanted, then her freind made it. It took about 4-5 months to make.

They both work at Home Depot, that is where they met. They both work in management in different stores. Couples are not allowed to work in the same store.

They live in a small town close to Harrisburg, PA.

Thank you all for your wonderful comments, she is a beautiful woman and I am very proud of her. Carla
    [This Message was Edited on 07/12/2007]
  12. 1sweetie

1sweetie New Member

How beautiful!!! Yes, dreams do come true sometimes and I am happy for her that she was one of the lucky ones!
  13. Denamay

Denamay New Member

You have a lovely daughter, she must look like her mother, and your new son in law looks very nice!

Ireland is a beautiful country and the people are friendly and funny too, with lots of character.

Were will they live? closer to you I hope. Love Denamay