Provigil AND Lyrica

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by BabiCati, Jan 28, 2007.

1. BabiCati

BabiCati New Member

Anyone else taking this combination? I am on the Lyrica for migraines buts also use it for FMS pain. The Provigil is for fatigue and the dr. said CFS patients also take it.

Anyone else taking it? Any advice?
  2. monamea

monamea New Member

Hi BabiCati,

I am taking both of those everyday. The Provigil is for my Narcolepsy and the Lyrica is for the pain in my legs. They work sort of on me, I have Sleep Apnea also, so it is hard to tell. I'm up at 3:eek:oa.m. everyday because of pain, I haven't slept well for over 10 years. I now fall asleep anytime or anywhere and it is getting harder to stay awake to do anything, but without the Provigil it would be worse. The Lyrica was given to me for restless leg and for the pain in my stomach ( I've had 6 surgeries in 3 years). I also have Lymphedema in my legs and it does help that for the pain but the edema in my legs is still there and looks ugly and makes it hard to walk. Why do you ask? Does your Provigil work for you?
  3. BabiCati

BabiCati New Member

Monamea and Spamula,

Thanks for your reply. monamea, it amazes me that you can still work on the farm. I would love to see how a farm like that works. I just started the Provigil a few days ago. I am 35 and feel like I am on too many meds. But what else can I do. The Provigil seems to be working but I am only on half now and I am supposed to start taking the whole pill next week.

I'm glad to hear you are both taking it with good results. My doctor had to talke me into taking it as well, Spam. I was afraid of adding another medicine to the mix but at the same time I can't stand the fatigue and sleepiness anymore. She wants me to get moving but it is going to get some time.

Thanks again to you both,

Lourdes
  4. nev

nev New Member

Provigil to stay awake during the day with the kids, Soma for muscle spasms/pain and prozac for depression. I wanted to wean off the antidepressant but when I did it I found out how much the prozac actually helps with pain and sleep. Still not getting restorative sleep, but I'll take what I can get to help for now. When I did that I was taking nothing else. It was bad, felt like I was 100 rather that 80yrs old.

the provigil is a big help. I do still cut the 200mg in half, and I take the other round 1pm if needed. Some days I don't need it at all, which helps with cost.

Everyone is different, so keep up with your doc if you have any concerns. The right combination can mean a world of difference.

When I was asked by my doc to look into the provigil, I googled provigil and found a site that had patient reviews, pros, cons, good/bad side effects. I wish I had a link for you. Look it up if you would like, it was good to see the broad spectrum of patients speak candidly.

Hope this helps, ask questions if you would like.nev
  5. BabiCati

BabiCati New Member

Nev. It feels better to know others are taking it as well. I just hate having to rely on pills but I guess we're still better off than others.

Lourdes