Provigil or Adderall?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by wyattsmom, Apr 3, 2007.

1. wyattsmom

wyattsmom New Member

Hi Everyone,

I currently take Provigil but it really has stopped working for me.

I have an appointment with my DR and I want to ask him to put me on Adderall.

Has anyone here made the switch, and if so, how did it go? Do you like the Adderall better?

I am really hoping he will let me try it.

Thanks
    Wyattsmom
  2. TXFMmom

TXFMmom New Member

Be careful with the Adderall. I know that many had only that, prior to Provigil.

Sometimes, however, when one builds up a tolerance to a drug, such as Provigil or Flexeril, only a short period away from it, such as thirty days, and then the tolerance disappears and one can then, once again, see a response from it.

Consider this in your decision.
  3. fiddlestix

fiddlestix New Member

I haven't taken the Adderall, but have been taking the Provigil now for about five months. It does help me some with staying awake. Is it possible to try an increased dosage? Maybe taking it at a higher dosage but less often will help? Kind of as needed, or a different time of day? Probably all considerations you've thought of, but just to throw them out there. Just want to help.
    Hang in there and let us know how it goes,
    fiddlestix
  4. MtnDews

MtnDews New Member

I took adderal fist and had headaches. Provigil worked well enough for me to wean off of it. I can almost stay awake all day...not always alert, but at least awake. Good luck to you.
  5. deliarose

deliarose New Member

and wouldn't recommend either of them.

They don't get to the root of the problem (adn they did not put a dent in my brain fog).

CFS researcher Rich Van K has some interesting comments on provigil on another thread.. and some others chimed in with their experiences.

V. enlightening.

I am recovering and brain function is coming back. I did 5/6 months of transfer factor and now am on the methylation protocol.

God, it feels great to be back in teh land of the living and I am v. pissed at those doctors who threw a bunch of drugs at me that didn't help and only stressed my liver more.

Just my 2 cents.

Delia