Provigil

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by keke1972, Aug 13, 2005.

1. keke1972

keke1972 New Member

Has anyone here used provigil for cfids and FMS? I would love to hear some feed back. Thank You, Kristen
  2. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

You can bring up a lot of our old posts and some newer ones too. We have discussed Provigil here quite a bit.

Love, Mikie
  3. moxiepup

moxiepup New Member

Hi I just posted the same ? 2 days ago but I also read all the old posts about this drug before I took it for the first time today.

I took 100mg at 8:30am went back to sleep till 10:30 which never would of happened before I prob would of slep till like 3-4pm, I went to bed at 5:00am I felt really good when I woke up.

This only lasts 4-5hrs but if you get tired before that your body will let you know, it doesn't keep you from sleeping. I hit the wall around4:00pm I think and took a 2hr nap and slept great.

good luck if you try it,

gail
  4. elsa

elsa New Member

You can check my posts on provigil. Just talked to a couple of other people here about it. It's been very helpful for me. 'Course not every drug helps everyone ...
    but it might be worth a try . You can put "Elsa" in the search, or "provigil" and tons of info will fall out. LOL

Good luck,

Elsa
  5. Daeshay76

Daeshay76 New Member

I have been on this med for some time and i started out on 100mg 2 times a day and then that stopped working and then got moved up to 200mg 2 times a day and now that seems not to work but to be honest it DID work at first and I really loved the med I didnt take it everyday just as needed but now I am looking for something different.I did notice everytime i took it my urine had this really bad odor to it like when you take the antibotic penicillin...why it happens i dont know and i dont know if it happens to anyone else that takes provigil.I aksed the pharmacists and he had no clue to why it did that then i asked the prescribing doc and he had no answer for it either...maybe people who have taken it will know?
  6. siiri

siiri New Member

sometimes, well, actually, most days, I am so tired and sleepy I have to take something just to get out of the house. Used Adderal XR for a long time and then it just did not work any more so my doctor suggested Provigil. It works very well. I try not to use it so much because I don't want it to stop working and also it is very, very expen sive. It does get me going. Sometimes, I take two of them.

Doctor also suggested another - FocalinXR and it works in a different way. I like ti also. I alternate them all. Good luck.

Siiri