provigil?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by AquariusGirl, May 10, 2006.

1. AquariusGirl

AquariusGirl New Member

Hi,

Just wondering if anyone takes this. My FFC Doc prescribed it for me and said it helps 50% of the people and the other half of people are too wired on it. I'm hoping it will help me to keep working until I get the sleep study done and the results of my bloodwork to see if my thyroid and adrenal numbers have improved.

Thanks and have a good night:)
  2. UnicornK

UnicornK New Member

I take 200mg Provigil every morning...or whenever I get up. LOL I'm a zombie without my provigil! I simply can't function until about 30 minutes after I take it.

I doesn't make me wired. I think because it's a central nervous system stimulant instead of a physical stimulant (like coffee). I have anxiety issues so I was nervous about taking it at first, but I've had absolutely no problems.

God Bless.
  3. forfink

forfink New Member

I can only take about 1/3 a tablet, but it sure helps take away that feeling that you just want to crawl back into bed in the morning. I feel more alert and can think better.

If I take more I feel a litle too nervous, but my doctor wants me to keep building up to a whole tablet for more energy. Remember to take it in the morning. It will last most of the day. I also talke Ultam to control pain, Lunesta before bed. Doing better.....
  4. KMD90603

KMD90603 New Member

I haven't taken it, but recently I've read a bit about it. It's supposed to help with daytime sleepiness related to sleep apnea, narcolepsy and other sleep disorders. I'm going to ask my doctor about it, and hopefully it will be covered by my insurance. I'm desperate for relief from the fatigue.

Gentle hugs,
    Kim
  5. Fibro-Kel

Fibro-Kel New Member

Hello AquariusGirl,
    A few years ago I was put on it, but I really couldn't tell much of a difference. And I could afford it back then because I had insurance,- now I don't!

Depending on how many pills you take a day, it could get really expensive! Mine ran $200.00 a month!!!

Right now I take "Ritalin", ( which believe it or not works the opposite for people who have chronic fatigue, as opposed to children taking it for A.D.D.) I take 3-4 a day now, and to be quite honest, it's not working very well anymore.

I hope you find that the "Provigal" works for you, but if it doesn't, don't give up! Okay? Just keep trying to find the "Right" one for you.

I'll keep you in my thoughts and prayers!

"GOD Bless",
    Fibro-Kel

[This Message was Edited on 05/10/2006]
  6. donnaba

donnaba New Member

I have the 200 mg pills, but cut them into 1/4s, usually take 1/4 in morning and 1/4 after lunch because I am very sensitive to all meds it seems!

donna
  7. jaltair

jaltair New Member

I ended up crashing on it and becoming a babbling, crying, miserable pt in the doctor's office - I was a nervous wreck before I got off of it! All my meds had to be tinkered with to bring me back into homeostasis!

Good luck!

Jeannette