prozac vs. zoloft

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by donnadb, Jan 17, 2007.

1. donnadb

donnadb New Member

Hi All,
    I've been taking zoloft for about 12 years now and it is just not working anymore!!! I've tried all of the newer anti-depressants: cymbalta, effexor, wellbutrin, etc.... Basically, the only one that I haven't tried yet is Prozac. Just wondering if anyone has had better results with prozac than zoloft. After all of my horrible experiences with most anti-depressants, I am scared to switch but my depression is taking over my life!!!!!
  2. dononagin

dononagin New Member

3. ilovecats94

ilovecats94 New Member

Donnadb,
    I was first put on Zoloft for chronic pain of FMS and after 6 days, I felt worse. So back to the doctor and was put on Prozac 10 mg. Now I'm on 20 mg. and felt better within 6 hours of taking it back in 7/1996.

I don't have depression, so I can't help you there. Prozac is an easy med to get off of after you have been on it, so it can't hurt to try it.

I wish you all the luck in the world in feeling better.

Take care,
    Faye
  4. jlcrafter

jlcrafter New Member

Donnadb

I have tried nearly every antidepressant over the past years, they either didn't work at all, or made me comatose with no emotion.(effexor) But the one I am on every time in between is Prozac. So, finally I flat out refuse to try anything else. i might add something, but they're not taking the prozac away. I have clinical depression besides the depression that comes with fm/cfs. It works for me. I've been on it for nearly 20 years.

jl