Prozac with ultram?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by gkrrt, Jan 23, 2007.

1. gkrrt

gkrrt New Member

Can you take ultram if you take prozac, I need something for pain and all I have is the lycria and ultram. Dont want to make myseld worse than a am now.......
  2. vixiechix

vixiechix New Member

I'm just starting on Ultram...does it give you much relief?
    I'm interested in Lycira too...does it help?
    How long have you been on it?
    I take Effexorm, not prozac.

3. gkrrt

gkrrt New Member

The ultram seems to keep me up and only helps alittle. The Lycria seemed to help me more but now I have some kind of skin thing going on and when I take the Lycria it seems to get worse.
  4. Gail8899

Gail8899 New Member

You are not supposed to take any anti-depressant while on Ultram. It can cause toxic levels of seratonin.
  5. FibroPainSufferer

FibroPainSufferer New Member

My doctor prescribed Ultracet for me & I've been taking Prozac for over 10 years but I was only on the Ultracet, which I think is the same as Ultram, for a few days because it didn’t put a dent in my pain. While I was on it I didn’t have any side effects but once again it was only 1 week.

I’m on Neurontin now along with the Prozac & I think Neurontin may fall into the same category as Prozac but I’m not 100% sure of that. I’ve been on Neurontin for 3 months now also with no side effects.

I think the best person to ask is either a pharmacist or psychiatrist. In my case I spoke with my psychiatrist because at one point my pain doctor prescribed me Effexor even though he knew I was on Prozac??? I wouldn’t take the Effexor until I talked to my psychiatrist who said "NO WAY!!!" I’m currently looking for a new pain doctor for the obvious reasons :)

[ advertisement ]