Prozac with ultram?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by gkrrt, Jan 23, 2007.

1. gkrrt

gkrrt New Member

Can you take ultram if you take prozac, I need something for pain and all I have is the lycria and ultram. Dont want to make myseld worse than a am now.......
  2. vixiechix

vixiechix New Member

I'm just starting on Ultram...does it give you much relief?
    I'm interested in Lycira too...does it help?
    How long have you been on it?
    I take Effexorm, not prozac.

Thanks!
    Vix
  3. gkrrt

gkrrt New Member

The ultram seems to keep me up and only helps alittle. The Lycria seemed to help me more but now I have some kind of skin thing going on and when I take the Lycria it seems to get worse.
  4. Gail8899

Gail8899 New Member

You are not supposed to take any anti-depressant while on Ultram. It can cause toxic levels of seratonin.
  5. FibroPainSufferer

FibroPainSufferer New Member

My doctor prescribed Ultracet for me & I've been taking Prozac for over 10 years but I was only on the Ultracet, which I think is the same as Ultram, for a few days because it didn’t put a dent in my pain. While I was on it I didn’t have any side effects but once again it was only 1 week.

I’m on Neurontin now along with the Prozac & I think Neurontin may fall into the same category as Prozac but I’m not 100% sure of that. I’ve been on Neurontin for 3 months now also with no side effects.

I think the best person to ask is either a pharmacist or psychiatrist. In my case I spoke with my psychiatrist because at one point my pain doctor prescribed me Effexor even though he knew I was on Prozac??? I wouldn’t take the Effexor until I talked to my psychiatrist who said "NO WAY!!!" I’m currently looking for a new pain doctor for the obvious reasons :)