PRYER REQUEST................

Discussion in 'Spirituality/Worship' started by Shirl, Jun 13, 2006.

1. Shirl

Shirl New Member

PRAYER REQUEST............... 05/25/06 07:04 PM

Thank all of you for your prayers, please continue to pray for the same request as before, I have cut/pasted the old request, but things are really the same, except that my depression is much better, and I do thank God and all of you for your fervent prayers for us. But prayer is still urgently needed here, I do continue to pray for all of you daily, every one of the request on this board, even if I am not here right now, hopefully I will be back soon on the boards,

God's many blessings to all of you, and I do so thank you for all the advice and concern as well as the prayers, also for those who sent personal emails to me too.

Shalom, Shirl

Prayer request................ 03/16/06 06:15 PM

Please, for those of you are of the Christian Faith, pray that my husband be under the conviction of the Holy Spirit, he has strayed from the Lord, and life has been an agony for almost a year now, for my whole family.

Also for myself for 'situation depression' which I have never had before in my life.

There is no way I can take the drugs the doctor prescribed, and I am fighting this out with prayer and my own self, not an easy thing to do.

I have learned a big lesson from it all though, I did not understand what people meant when they said they were depressed, but I sure know now. This is worst than the FM that I do have, or anything I have ever experienced in my entire life.

I pray daily for everyone, but especially for those suffering from depression now of all kinds.

Am so very thankful to God and Pro Health for putting our Worship Board back up, it made me cry when I saw the post on the CFS/FM board! We so needed it............

God's blessings to everyone here..

Shalom, Shirl

[This Message was Edited on 05/26/2006]

Alert us BACK | REPLY - EDIT - DELETE - BAN

dejovu

Dear God 05/25/06 07:29 PM

Thankyou for being with Shirl. I'm praying for her and her family, especially for her husband. Talk to him, open his eyes show him what love is all about. Your perfect love that goes far beyond our understanding. Let him know that you are with him in this difficult time and thru your love all is possible. In Jesus name. Amen

BACK | REPLY - EDIT - DELETE - BAN

hangininthere

Hi Shirl! 05/25/06 07:29 PM

I'm glad to hear the depression is a lot better! Hallelujah!!!

I found another supplement that is working like magic for my depression and anxiety!

It's Black Cohosh pills!

Black Cohosh works on the many neurotransmitters that get off balance in our brain, such as seratonin and norepinephrine and dopamine!

I can tell the black cohosh is working well for me! It's leveling out all my neurotransmitters wonderfully!

Now, instead of feeling scattered all over the place, racing thoughts and exhaustion from that, I feel all here and calm and serene. It's marvelous!!! Hallelujah!!!

Get a bottle of black cohosh with no other ingredients added, just plain black cohosh. That's what I got.

I got my black cohosh at GNC health supplement store. And it's inexpensive, too! It only cost me $8 for 100 pills, and you only take one pill a day!

Praying for you and hubby as always!!!

Love and prayers to you and yours, Dear!

[This Message was Edited on 05/25/2006]

MamaR

Hi Shirl 05/25/06 08:26 PM

It is so good to see you here and to hear that the depression is better! That is wonderful news! God is working...and it will only get better from here on!

We are still believing for your hubby. I have to do the same with my sons. We bind together in prayer for all of these souls Dear Lord!

Mari

windblade

Dear Shirl, 05/25/06 10:50 PM

What wonderful news that your depression has lightened! Praise be to God!!!

Yes, we all join together in prayer for your husband, and ALL of our family members that need to be saved by our Lord, or come back from straying.

In Jesus' name, Amen

LindaH

As always 05/26/06 07:28 AM

Shirl sweet lady, you and Richard are still on my prayer list. I lift you up daily. Just hold on tight. We are all sending requests to God on your behalf.

Love and warm hugs.

In Christ,
    Linda

BLUEROSE7

(( Shirl )) 05/26/06 08:51 AM

It is so good to hear your depression is much better...Thank You Jesus!

Continued Prayers going up for Richard and You!!

God Bless
    ((Hugs,Love & Prayers))
    ~Bluerose~

BlueSky555

PRAYER 05/26/06 09:57 AM

A prayer for you and your family; may peace be with you and bring you and your family together again,

God Bless You,

BlueSky555

Mikie

My Dear Friend 05/27/06 03:01 PM

As you know, I do keep you and your family in my prayers daily. I haven't been to the Worship Board since they replaced the old one with this one. I wanted to bump your request and send my love and prayers your way.

Love, Mikie

ilovecats94

Shirl 05/27/06 10:45 PM

Shirl,
    Many prayers to you and your hubby. I'm happy to hear you are feeling better.

Hugs and Shalom,
    Faye

asatrump

Shirl 05/28/06 07:19 AM

So glad to hear you are having some improvement. You have to be functioning before you can handle any other people or problems. Continued prayers.

Mikie

Bumping For Shirl 06/01/06 03:08 PM

Talked to her today. She appreciates your prayers so much and is asking me to bump this as she needs continued prayers. Thank you.

Love, Mikie

bigmh

Prayers for You 06/01/06 05:22 PM

Shirl, Your post touched my heart as I, too, have recently experienced depression for the first time, and I have an unbelieving husband (he is seeking, though). I will keep you and your husband in my prayers, and know that God is faithful to be with us through all circumstances.

God Bless you, Shirl...Ann

ksp56

Prayers for You 06/01/06 07:48 PM

It was so good to see your name Shirl. I wish the circumstances were different.

I will pray for God to watch over you and your family. Prayers for your husband to find his way back to God. For your family to feel peace.

With all you have been through, it is no surprise you feel depressed. It happens to us all, sometime or another. We are all here for you, and more importantly, God is too.

Take precious care Shirl. You and your family will be in my prayers.

Gentle Hugs,

Kim

Mikie

Bump 06/02/06 04:03 PM

Bump

sweetpotatoe

Love and Prayers. 06/03/06 01:47 AM

Father God,

I join in prayer for Shirl and her husband Richard, I pray you will watch over them, guide them and draw both Shirl and Richard closer to you.

I praise you also for lifting the depression that has been so devastating for Shirl.

I pray in Jesus precious name, Amen.

Shirl I hear you so loud and clear about the situational depression. After many years of really hard circumstances I couldn't control, I was struck down with depression.

I could never of imagined just how life changing it is. I also have a whole new understanding and compassion for sufferers of this disease. I could not will myself out of it. The church I was attending told me it was the devil/ in my head etc, which was a huge blow because I was so scared at my state of mind.

I am on medication and am weaning off, I praise God for medication. I don't know why I was struck down with it (Logically my mind could take no more),but I am also grateful that I have been able to move forward.

I didn't mean to go on about myself, I just wanted to let you know I truly understand depression. "depression" can be thrown around quite loosely and is just as misunderstood as all the other invisiable diseases.

My prayer for you is that you also with Gods help, keep moving forward .

Love Cindy.

Mikie

Bumping For My Sweet Shirl 06/06/06 07:37 AM

You are always in my prayers.

Love, Mikie

Jennhere

Your Best Life Now.. 06/06/06 10:35 PM

A book by Joel Osteen ... It's so good. I have a friend who's been married for .. 17? years.. well her husband just did the unthinkable! My friend isn't much of a reader but I Amazoned her the book because I think it's so fantastic. I told her to read chapters 17-19 and she actually did which is huge for her. She and I have been friends for 25 years and I have never seen her fall apart the way she did over this problem. But she's telling me that that book helped her so much, the message, the advice, she actually went to a book store and got it on tape so she could listen to it rather than read it because she's not a good reader and her husband is dyslexic. Try the book. In the meantime, I'm saying a prayer for you.

Mikie

Bumping For Shirl 06/08/06 04:06 PM

Love, Mikie

2. Shirl

Shirl New Member

For your kindness and prayers. My depression is coming and going. I am far from rid of it, and probably won't be untill my husband has returned to his Lord, or the Lord shows me the right road to take in this whole mess. Its difficult to see an almost 34 year old marriage go down the drain, but I am about at the end of my rope with all of this. I can't take much more of the stress.

I feel like I am dealing with a 220lb two year old, rather than a 55year old man. He is having a mid-life crisis, and I so pray it comes to an end soon one way or the other. I am so terribly tired.

Richard is fighting on about three fronts right now, none of them easy for him (no, I am not making excuses for him, I am simply stating a fact). He is using vile language generally (which he did not do before at all), and he is still in the China area, which is not helping his problems, but making them worst. He is surrounded by some of the worst kind of people there is.

He was home for a month, which was like living with a demon in the home. No, he does not dare physically hit me, but the verbal abuse, and the arguments are beyond belief.

He truly needs a vision, a word, a dream, or whatever the Lord wishes to do with him to bring him back to the Lord. It surely won't be from me.

He blames me for everything, and even said that I was so 'good' that I was God, which gave me the chills for HIM, not me. I simply told him I was a sinner like him or any other Christian,saved by the mighty grace of God. It is that bad.

The only thing he does do, is take his Bible back and forth with him, hopefully he decides to open it instead of just carrying it around the world !

Prayer is still needed in the worst kind of way, and I do believe that the Lord can perform miracles.

Again, thank all of you for your prayers, advice, and concern for us.

I continue to prayer for all of you, even if I am not here, and having so much on my own plate right now.

Blessings all around.......

Shalom, Shirl

3. dejovu

dejovu New Member

I am praying for you dear one. Having just ended a 31 yr. marriage. I do understand how hard this is. And I will continue to pray for your husband.

Hold on and we shall be praying for you. God Bless. De
  4. BLUEROSE7

BLUEROSE7 New Member

Continued prayers going up for Richard and you hun.

I'm so sorry for all you are having to deal with right now, I can only imagine the hurt you are feeling down deep.

I pray for Richard to come back to our Lord...I pray for God to touch him, show him and lead him back to the right path. I pray for God to give you strength through this difficult time.

God said he would never leave us nor forsake us....he is with you and will see and lead you through.

God Bless
    ((Love & Prayers))
    ~Bluerose~

5. NyroFan

NyroFan New Member

Shirl:

With prayer, I have heard that getting angry will pull someone out of some depression. I have been that way too and just getting some of that anger out makes on more proactive.

Not to say it works in all cases.

Prayer for you and yours. May your husband sway the right way. With God's blessings this is all possible.

We get what we need, not always what we pray for. I take comfort in that as it goes out of my ballpark and into His. I never question that kind of wisdom.

Time out later for a special request for a very nice woman of the world.

nyrofan
  6. justlooking

justlooking New Member

I'm so sorry you have been going through such problems for so long now. I have prayed many times for you and your husband and other family members since the hurricane. I will continue to keep you all in my thoughts and prayers.

Sincerely
    JL
  7. mrpain

mrpain New Member

With all my heart I will be praying for both you and your husband. May God's perfect will be done in your lives and may He richly bless you, Spiritually, physically, mentally, finacially, and in every way... God Bless!!!
  8. Jude

Jude New Member

Hi Shirl

I'm still remembering you in my petitions on Thursdays. Last year was a difficult year for many people. You had so much to handle with Katrina and in your personal life that the stress alone would make a "normal" person sick. Work on getting yourself better and let God handle Richard.

Jude
  9. Asatrump

Asatrump New Member

It seems like you have paid your dues, and time to collect some plus side time. I wish things would change for you. Continued prayers for you dear, and for your family.
  10. Shirl

Shirl New Member

Down my face, I thank God for all of you, and your continued prayer for us. I know God is with me at all times, but He does work in His own time zone, and I will just have to wait untill He does answer this continued prayer for us.

I wish it were possible to give each one of you a big hug and a kiss in person, but since I can't, then I am sending them to all of you for your sweet kindness toward me and mine, I know our Lord will bless all of you greatly for your fervent prayers.

Things here are not much better, just a little. When it is all resolved, and the Lord does answer in His own time you wonderful people will be the first to know.

Again, thank God for all of you, and I do prayer for everyone daily, the entire board as well.

Shalom, Shirl

PS. Jude, I lost your e-address, if you still have mine, please, if you have time drop me a line? God bless lady.....

[This Message was Edited on 06/15/2006]
  11. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Keeping you in my prayers, as always.

Love, Mikie
  12. windblade

windblade Active Member

You are so much on my heart and mind! I'm SO concerned about all the weight that you've lost! Please, dear friend,try very hard to eat and build up your strength!!!

I can understand something of your traumatic experiences concerning Katrina, with your family involved.

Since I live in New Jersey, and have so many friends and family that work in New York; during 9/11, I was so severely shocked, worried, and in a horrible condition until I found out that everyone I knew was alive. It took a great toll on me, for quite a long time. So many people had close calls.

And you had 2 weeks, I think to get information on your son and grandson. This is such a catastrophe that you have been reacting to - I'm sure still reacting to. Along with your own personal struggles.

I would like to say to you that I hope you will go for therapy or counseling for PTSD. You have had too many losses, and now your health problems I feel could be endangering your life.

I hope that this doesn't sound too bossy, but I see you going downhill. You need help. Please reach out for it!

I believe that the Holy Spirit has put you on my heart.

I wish that there was something I could do to help you. I have had PTSD since I was very young, ongoing; and at one point in my life almost starved to death. I was all skin and bones - I've never talked about this here before.

Please, please, Shirl - reach out for help.

I will be praying for you everyday!

With deep love, Judy
  13. tlayne

tlayne Member

I am adding you to my prayer list. I will keep praying for you and your husband until answers are evident! Love & prayers, Tam
  14. Shirl

Shirl New Member

All of your kindness and most of all your prayers and understanding.

Judy, yes, I am down to skin and bones, you hit the nail on the head.

Right now I am rather isolated and unable to get out much, and have few friends to take me where I need to go for help, but will keep what you have said in mind about the PTSD, I have been told that before.

My son, and the rest of my family are doing alright now, but you are right I still get upset thinking about what they have been through. I try not to think about that.

Its my husband that is the biggest problem I have right now, and he is who truly needs the prayers to come back to the Lord. I believe that would truly solve all these problems I have, except for the E-Coli.

I need to find a doctor that will listen to me, I can't take the heavy duty drugs they prescribe, if I did my body at this time could not handle them. I am too thin, and do not eat enough for that stuff, plus I am allergic to just about everything he gave me, no matter what I told him about the allergies he gave them to me anyway.

I so appreciate you sharing your terrible experience with 9/11, being way here in La. I was devastated for months about that, and did not know anyone there. Just the shock that that could happen in this country was enough to put me in shock.

I am happy to hear all turned out fine for you and yours with that terrible incident.

Thank you again for sharing, I hope it did not cause you more pain having to write it, and thanks for your continued prayers for us.

I had a very bad day today, and all of the replies are uplifting, as I know how Christians can take heaven by store with many prayer Warriors, and you all are the finest.

Gods Blessings to all of you...................

Shalom, Shirl

15. windblade

windblade Active Member

We will keep praying,hon. Don't worry, you're not alone in all of this! Praying for God's peace, joy and wisdom in the midst of it all. All things that we cannot manufacture for ourselves.

Sending much love to you,
    Judy
  16. MamaR

MamaR New Member

Still praying and trusting for your needs!!

Love....Mari
  17. Shirl

Shirl New Member

I have printed your post out, as my memory is short :) Yes I have no problems with milk products, in fact I almost live off of all dairy right now.

Please continue prayer for us, I have some hard decisions to make, and need prayer for Richard (as asked above), and for this awful depression. Making decisions feeling like this is very, very hard to say the least......

Thank all of you for your constant prayers, I so appreciate your prayers, thoughts and advice.

God's great blessings for all of you, everyone on this board.

Shalom, Shirl
  18. windblade

windblade Active Member

I'm so sorry for the troubles you are going through!

Lifting up prayers for you, your health and depression, and for your husband.

In Jesus' Precious Name, Amen

With much love, Judy
  19. Shirl

Shirl New Member

I was sleeping, and just woke up to check email and saw your response.

You all are so generous with your prayers and concern, God bless you, grant all your hearts desires within His will, and answer all your needs as well.

That statement is for everyone here.

Shalom, Shirl
  20. Shirl

Shirl New Member

My husband was in China in a hotel when Katrina hit. I rode it out with my little daugher. We did fine, but I did not hear from my son and grandson for three weeks, and had a husband that did not want to come home then. He did not see much of Katrina, other than his guilt for what he was doing. He got home almost three weeks after Katrina.

Yes, the anger at God is that he can't make God agree with his own actions about Katrina, and whatever he was doing when he could have been home. That is the honest truth. He does not like anyone to 'talk' about that hurricane, and thats all you hear in this area right now no matter who you talk too.

I did not lose anything material, just downed trees. The Lord truly was with my daughter and I. We could not even move some of the big things outdoors that would have come flying through windows, but not a window was broken, and I have 22 windows and three sets of glass patio doors in this house. We could not tape or board any of them up, I heard afterwards that we had 185 miles per hour winds here.

So the Lord was more than generous with me throughout that storm. My son lost everything he owned, but the Lord keep him and his son safe. They spent 7 days in those dirty waters in Chalmette,La. before being rescued. That I am truly grateful, and thankful for, I would have died had anything happened to them, even their dog was alright. All my children, as well as my friends were fine except for their losses.

My husband is out of his element in Asia, he is not street smart, and is being taken over by satan and his demons. I have turned him over to the Lord, under the conviction of the HOly Spirit, there is nothing else for me to do. I know the Lord will do what is necessary, but in the meantime I am dealing with the results of his horrible attitude, etc.

Sometimes I feel like someone in that country has some kind of demon hex on him and myself. If I could tell you the whole story you would understand what I mean. He is not himself, he is like a man that is possessed. I have been married to him for almost 34 years, and never have I seen him act this way. It is horrible.

He is trying to walk away totally from God, but he can't with all your prayers here for him. Not to mention that God promised that anyone He has in His hand, no man can take out. Richard is the 'lost sheep' and the 'prodigal son' all rolled up in one right now. Its not easy to live with.

I am sorry, I didn't mean for this to be so long, but I would like everyone to understand, and you asked, what is going on. I could actually write a book on this last year of our life!

Thank you dear lady for your concern, and I thank God their are Chiristian's who really care about one another.

God's many blessings to you and everyone here!

Shalom, Shirl