Psoriasis/Psoriatic Arthritis

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by FoggyDayz, Mar 23, 2006.

1. FoggyDayz

FoggyDayz New Member

I wondering if anyone else here with FM also has psoriasis and/or psoriatic arthritis. I have had psoriasis since I was 13 and psoriatic arthritis since I was about 25. Three years ago I was diagnosed with nuerally-mediated hypotension (NMH) and a year ago FM. Like someone else said, I am becoming a professional patient, LOL!
  2. pepper

pepper New Member

I have had CFS/FM for 13 yrs. About 3 yrs ago I developed psoriasis in a very embarrassing place. I still have it there as well as on my eyelid.

I am a professional patient too - the list goes on and on until I feel like a hypochondriac. I would so love to not have anything on that list!

Pepper
  3. Cakeart

Cakeart New Member

but not the arthritis, thank goodness. I have it mostly on my scalp and in my ears. I have a little on my legs, but it is only noticeable if I point it out there as it is very small.

My head and ears are tougher, because I have very dark brown hair, so all the flaking is very noticeable. I keep it in check with a very costly prescription shampoo, rub-in drops, and a massage-in cream for the ears.

I was diagnosed with it around the same time I was diagnosed with fm 2 yrs ago, but had it much longer, just like the fm.
  4. FoggyDayz

FoggyDayz New Member

Thanks for your responses - I have psoriasis pretty bad, it's on my scalp, ears, trunk, butt, elbows, thighs, knees, calves, and feet. I used to dread going to the beach, but now I just explain it to anyone that asks and think "screw you" to anyone that just looks at me weird. Also going to the beach is the only time it clears up a little bit.

I am on Relafin for the arthritis and that has been wonderful at reducing the joint pain, it actually seems to help with a lot of my FM pain as well.

This may sound stupid, but at least with psoriasis and psoriatic arthritis, doctors and others can see it and you are believed. FM is a whole different ballgame, I think more people think it's in your head.

Thanks again,
    FoggyDayz