Psorosis Lyme with tick in the head

Discussion in 'Lyme Disease Archives' started by ckball, Jul 31, 2006.

1. ckball

ckball New Member

All of my tick bites had been in my head. They came in fast and furious in April. I probably pulled at least a dozen or so out in one month.

Know I rarly see them, Frontline working.

It stated several weeks ago as a small bump, at first I thought it was a embedded tick. So I did what I could to ge it out. I live alone and don't want to go to the niebhors and "will you look at this thing on my head",lol

I did the worst thing and kept picking at it, then it got bigger and now has comsumed over half of my scalp.

I have been using Dermarest but I guess it will take a while from what I have read. I called the Dr and they called me something in that I will get tommorrow.

Has anyone got this after a tick in the head. Thanks Carla
  2. kellyann

kellyann New Member

That sounds pretty rough. I would go to the doctor and have it looked at. Have you been tested for lyme? Denorex is good shampoo for it.

Good luck!
    Kellyann
  3. ckball

ckball New Member

I am suppose to see her next week anyway. I will pick up my script today. It is just gross and painful too when I put the dermarest on.

I was tested for lyme at the ER and it was neg but they treated me with abx, that is when this sore started. I also had a yeast thing going on toward the end of tx.

My ID retested last week with the western blot- so I will see. I had a 3 week Keflex tx- Thanks-Carla
    [This Message was Edited on 08/01/2006]
  4. victoria

victoria New Member

that sounds awful to deal with, but nothing would surprise me. I hope you get some answers quickly, but, you might also try to hunt down a good LLMD as well, even if you have to travel a ways to get there.

From what I've read, 3 weeks of abx is not enough even for an acute lyme infection, which, if you did get it in April but wasn't treated until June, you would not have had really... most LLMDs recommend a longer treatment period to make sure you really do get rid of it all. You know the old saying, "An ounce of prevention... "

all the best,
    Victoria
  5. ckball

ckball New Member

This is really no fun at all. I have to put the dermarest on and it feels like some put my hair on fire. You leave it then have to taka asmall comb, I used the flea comb, and comb out all the loose sking the dermarest loosened up.

I've done it twice a day for 3 days, also losing a lot of hair in the process. I washed it tonight with head and shoulders and let it set for about 20 min before I rinsed, Again tremendous pain and burnig.

I am letting it rest for a while the I will put the solutuin the Dr gave, it has may sting or burn warning so I guess that Im still waiting,lolo

Maybe let it heal a little and start in the morning. It is jus so raw and some areas are bleeding where the scabs were a little deeper.

I will wait for the western blot and my ACTH an cortosol numbers are and go from there.

I still think Lupus could have it's hand in my too. I have a large purple to red, light to dark depending on weather, butterfly rash on my neck. It is not like a rash but more like a discoloration of the skin.

But I am already taking plaquinal which they use for lupus so that can m cause false test result.

I guess just need to get off here put myself in some pain and hope I can to asleep. I've been waiting for all my night meds to kick in and I think they have. Thanks again CArla
  6. kellyann

kellyann New Member

Dang,
    It sounds like you have a bad infection going on from that tick bite. They are some filthy, germy little buggers aren't they? I hope your doctor will go ahead and get you started on antibiotics, even if your tests come out negative. I used to get psorisis(sp) of the scalp really bad when I was young, so I kind of know a little bit of what it is like. It sounds just plain awful. I bet it does hurt and burn.

Good luck with your test and doctor visit and I hope it heals up quickly!

I'll be praying for you Miss Carla!
    Kellyann
  7. ckball

ckball New Member

The Dr put me on a cortisteriod liquid to put on my head 2 times a day. The warning said it may sting- thought someone sat my head on fire,lol

I have been very fatigued again plus I'm having pain in my ankles and elbows. That is another new symptom.

I had to go back last week for more blood work for a ACTH and cortisol levels. My red blood cells were low, T-4 low, MCV & MCH high. So something is going on.

Thanks for the prayers-Carla
  8. victoria

victoria New Member

when do you expect to get results from the lyme and other tests back? I've lost track... I know it can take up to about 4 weeks.

Hope the liquid med is helping your scalp?!

best,
    Victoria
  9. ckball

ckball New Member

I went to my MD today and posted that on the CFS board. I won't hear about the Lyme for another 2 weeks, My Dr isn't sure how to treat me in the mean time, I think she is going to call the ID Dr.

The scalp is improving but it ust moves, I get one area better then there is another on the other side. She gave me another scrip of the cortisteriod but I had a reaction to it today.

I have asthma, I'm on advair once a day. I was getting ready to go the Dr this morning and put my liquid on, My throat felt weird, had to keep clearing my throat, it went on for a hour or so, I had to use my Albuterol inhaler.

I wasn't sure what triggered it. Tonight I was putting it on again and the same thing happened. I don't remember seeing that in the warning put I will go find it and see.

Thanks for asking-Carla
  10. victoria

victoria New Member

So sorry to hear that you're having those complications. So many of us get such weird responses to things... almost all my life I've reported weird side effects only to have docs look at me strangely. Worse, my side effects are not always listed in the info for the drug, either.

If your doctor is unsure how to treat you re possible lyme, maybe now is the time to drop literature off about lyme?

Hope it works out!
    all the best,
    Victoria