Psyc exam

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by roseylisa, Dec 24, 2005.

1. roseylisa

roseylisa New Member

I was sent to a psyc exam when I appealed the ss the 2nd tinm, how do I get a copy of his report?
  2. dononagin

dononagin New Member

I don't know! I wonder if you called them??
  3. jakeg

jakeg New Member

I would think that you would need to fill out a request form like you would at your doctors. I've made it a habit when seeing any new doc to let them know that I want a copy of my records starting from day 1 and if I've been there before just the one for that visit. I started keeping this medical file at home for my records that way if you do see a new doc or have questions about a diagnosis you can reference the notes that you got from the doc.

Jake
  4. MamaDove

MamaDove New Member

This was my experience with obtaining a copy of my hubby's psych exam...

Because they requested the exam, you can only obtain it thru the SSA...

Go to your nearest office, hopefully the one you applied at and ask that you want a copy...

I was fortunate, we have been given the runaround more than most in our local office and the clerk felt for our predicament...

We were able to sign a release, bring someone, preferably a spouse or parent, they will have to sign for the receipt of the exam because it is a psych exam, it cannot be given to the patient...Sounds wacky but that's the SSA...

A supervisor needed to approve this too...I am sure this is the only way for YOU to obtain this, right away, or if you have an attorney, he/she can request it but you may have to wait til the next millenium for the copy...tehe

My hubby was denied for the 2nd time and I hired him an attorney, instead of making the attorney request all the records, I supplied it so he could get started, luckily I keep everything, hubby is a vet also so you can imagine the paperwork we have...We obtained his psych report and made copies of all the pertinent things in his VA folder and sent it so he could get started...

I hope you applied at your local office and have a good relationship with them, it will make it easier for you...Remember to bring a spouse or parent to receive the report...You also may have to wait a while at the office before they get it in gear and find what you need...Good luck!
  5. zerped

zerped New Member

As far as I know, I signed a release at the beginning of the proces, allowing copies of ALL reports to be sent to me. I believe there may have been a ROI (Release Of Information) sent when I was denied reconsideration, or when I was informed about the psych exam. In any case, the judge who will be hearing my case sent a copy of the psych report to me about a month after the exam.

In my case, I can't imagine going into this hearing before a judge not knowing the exam results. In my case, the psych. explains that I have 7 different mental health problems and no way am I able to handle a job. I totally don't agree, but their own exam tells them to settle in my favor. This is good to know! Best of luck.