Psychologist Appt Over and

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by BlueSky555, May 30, 2006.

1. BlueSky555

BlueSky555 New Member

I suppose it went OK. I was nervous last week about the appt. but wasn't as nervous today. However, while in the waiting room, I began to sweat and get really fidgity; had to get one of the brochures to fan with; and then heard the door open; it was the DR!!!!

Oh my, getting carried away. Anyway, she began asking me questions and of course I broke down and was crying and talking at the same time. I couldn't believe I was telling a "stranger" things that I had NEVER told anybody. When time was almost over,she said that she had checked "all of the above" on the list. She couldn't believe ALL of the health issues I had gone through and the ones I am going through now. She said no wonder you feel the way you do. I told her that I had appt. with Rhematologist and she said "good"; that she would highly recommend me seeing that Dr. and she had thought it may be Fibromyalgia!!! I was truly amazed that she even mentioned it, much less believed in it.

What a day!!!

I just wanted to let you in on my visit.

Thank you for listening,

BlueSky555

[This Message was Edited on 05/30/2006]
    [This Message was Edited on 05/30/2006]
  2. BlueSky555

BlueSky555 New Member

I am very excited because I was one who never thought I needed another person to tell me what was wrong with me emotionally. It took almost 5 years to get there. I thought I needed to talk with someone but didn't want to admit it.

I am going back in a month, then we'll see from there. In the meantime, she will be speaking with Psychiatrist about meds that would be best for me.

Thank you for your interest,

BlueSky555
  3. Shannonsparkles

Shannonsparkles New Member

Well done. You did exactly right. And don't feel bad about the guts-spilling thing. Psychologists are trained to get you to spill it. You got some real acknoledgement of your illness today, and I'm very proud of you. Well done!!!
    ((love and back-patting)) Shannon
  4. rachel432

rachel432 New Member

i'm glad to here you had such a good expeience! i have always found my psych to be so helpful, i don't know how i would deal without him. i hope you will keep going and that it will continue to be a positive and helpful experience for you!
    rachel
  5. painandagony

painandagony New Member

I am also happy for you that you like your psychologist. I see my therapist 2x/month and i love him. I pour out my deepest feelings and it helps so much.

Also, is there any angelic meaning to the 555? (If you don't know what I mean, then we probably aren't thinking the same thing)
  6. Kathleen12

Kathleen12 New Member

I know it was hard for you to begin this therapy, and am glad you followed through. I believe that you will have many benifits with continued treatments.

I have been seeing a therapist for 3 years now and could not make it without him. I have no one to talk to at all. My husband has closed me off from the world and my brother is mentally handicapped. So I MUST have a "sounding board" in order to separate reallity from the imaginary.

It is also good that your doctor has an understanding of fibro. Keep up the sessions and hopefully you will have a fresh outlook on life.

(((((((hugs)))))))
    Kathleen
  7. carebelle

carebelle New Member

Isn't it funny how "the only thing to fear is really fear its self "?
    I'm glad your Doctor was of some comfort to you.I think they are starting to come around in the belief these DD's are real.
    I have always thought that those who question our mental health because of these DD's are just misinformed .

I think those of us with these DD's are teaching the medical community something everyday, about Mind,Body and Spirit and their connection.
  8. BlueSky555

BlueSky555 New Member

for your wonderful responses. I posted this late last night and signed on and thought maybe the post probably was knocked to the bottom and not many responses, due to the time. I forget; different time frames and also, different sleep patterns. But, to my surprise, not only had responses but GOOD responses that made me feel much better about seeing this psychologist. I suppose there are more people than I could imagine seeing them. It surely made me feel better this morning.

Also, painandagony, I honestly can't remember why I added the 555 to my name but really wish I knew what you were thinking, :)lol.

Again, thank you all so much and even those who didn't see the post.

BlueSky555

By the way, I wanted you all to know that the Psychologist brought up the Fibro, I was surprised but HAPPY to know that she was familiar with it and obviously, BELIEVES in it! [This Message was Edited on 05/31/2006]
  9. mme_curie68

mme_curie68 New Member

Congratulations on a successful visit to a sympathetic doctor.
    I am so happy for you.

I have been in and out of psychotherapy since I was 7. I have had really great clinicians and really terrible ones. Right now I am just on maintenance visits, but these people are lifelines when you're in the thick of it.

Talking things out with a "neutral" party is helpful in many ways - first, they can see your problems with a fresh perspective and identify new avenues of treatment that could be beneficial to you.

Second, sometimes we need an outside party to help us make distinctions between feelings and facts, and how to work within the situations we are given in our daily life.

My current psychiatrist is moving her practice - I have been her patient for 10 years and I will go the extra distance to see her - she saved my life when I didn't think my life was worth saving.

Good on you for taking this important step.

Hugs,
    Madame Curie
  10. NyroFan

NyroFan New Member

Bluesky555:

Good doctor's visit. It is always good to here. And what a relief you will see another doctor about it.

nyrofan