Public Awareness through TV shows

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by PGWS, May 30, 2006.

1. PGWS

PGWS New Member

I have been suffering from CFS for 4.5 years. Not working for 3.5 years as a result of it. I wrote to Dr. Phil with my story, because I was and still am so desperate for help and also thought it would be another way to bring more public awareness, but he never got back to me. I guess he would rather have shows on topics of which people "can" help themselves, but choose not too. I may try Oprah.
    Has anyone else ever wrote to these types of shows/people with your CFS story to get the message out?

Went every where, tried everything (except Ampligen), but that is next on my list. Has anyone participated in the Ampligen trials, or know anyone who has received it via the doctors who have permission to administer it, even though it is not FDA approved?

Appreciate your response.
    Regards
  2. painandagony

painandagony New Member

I wrote to Oprah years and years ago (10 years ago) and never heard back. I wrote another email last year and I saved it but I never sent it. I just came across it tonight, actually and was thinking I should send it in. I wonder if a bunch of us all sent letters in at the same time it would get some more recognition by producers or whoever reads all the emails...

As for ampligen, I haven't tried it but I would if I could get my hands on it from some doctor.