puckered fingertips, anyone?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Chilene, Aug 14, 2008.

1. Chilene

Chilene New Member

i get puckered fingertips on and off, and was never sure if that was related to being dehydrated or low blood/oxygen levels. (or maybe raynauds?... my toes are cold and blue alot, too.)

my fingers seem to be colder when this happens, too.

a friend of mine studied acupuncture and was pretty sure that this puckering was a sign of dehydration. but i've been pretty good about drinking water (maybe a little less lately). i'm wondering if the recent "racing heart" has anything to do with it? is it a blood flow thing, then? (i also seem to notice it more during my menses...)...

anyone else?...
  2. RatsWife

RatsWife New Member

Mine is always present, just gets worse now and then. I have a type of Psoriasis that was triggered by repeated injuries to my fingers and thumbs. Any medications which has a side effect like rashes or itchy skin, or cause dehydration are ones I have to avoid or I'm miserable. I wish it was JUST puckering on my hands...

Good luck with yours. I have no answers but I'm looking for some. I'll share if I find anything.

3. hereiam

hereiam New Member

I have puckery fingertips and I have Reynauds also.

Incidently, I read somewhere that when fingers pucker in water, it is a neurological response and if the nerves are cut, the puckering stops.
  4. Chilene

Chilene New Member

i've never been diagnosed with Reynauds... just wondered if that was one of the symptoms of that disease... thought i'd read that somewhere. for all i know, i might have that.

my fingers pucker all the time when this happens. not from water.

5. Chrisgirl

Chrisgirl New Member

I just saw my PCP yesterday and showed him my puckered fingers. My PCP thinks I have FM, but my neurologist doesn't, but doesn't know what is wrong. So I don't know if this goes with FM or not.

I also have cold hands/feet. My PCP said my circulation was fine and that sometimes puckered fingers happen with arthritis, but my sed rate is normal. He said not to worry about it.

All I know is it feels very strange, but then again so does everything else that is happening to my body!
  6. Chilene

Chilene New Member

thank you for sharing what you've learned thus far!

take care;)

[This Message was Edited on 08/16/2008]
  7. Chilene

Chilene New Member

when i say "puckered", i mean "shriveled up some" at the tips of my fingers. like when you get out of the shower.

;) helene