Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by goodnitegracey, Sep 21, 2008.

1. goodnitegracey

goodnitegracey New Member

Wondering if anyone else here has suffered through this? Please any advice or words of wisdom greatly appreciated!
  2. tansy

tansy New Member

It was classed as major and I was in intensive care for a week. I went into anaphylactic shock as result of one of my Tx (ancrod/arvin via cardiac capheter), but that was a known risk, and then from iodine dye. My medical team were excellent throughout. My second scan showed I still had clots in my pelvic area so I guess that's where they came from.

It took some time to recover from the PE but within a year there were very minimal residual effects. The year long course of warfarin made me feel unwell and I think that contributed. After pregnancy I was put on warfarin and I felt rotten again; but no PE or DVT.

After my PE I tried to get back to normal too quickly and quickly discovered that was a mistake; so I guess good advice would be to allow yourself however long it may take to recover.

A lot of patients fully recover. Despite the severity of my PE the resulting lung damage was considered no different from that following pneumonia. This was before I became ill with ME so after my intial recovery period I was able return to part time and then full time work and even sport.

Wishing you a speedy recovery
    tc, Tansy
    [This Message was Edited on 09/21/2008]