pulsating headaches

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by kriket, Jun 25, 2006.

1. kriket

kriket New Member

What usually causes a pounding/pulsating type headache? My head right now feels like it is going boom boom boom boom. If I get still, it eases, but if I get up or move around very much it comes rushing back and statrs pulsating. What causes this?

Kriket
  2. KMD90603

KMD90603 New Member

the kind of headaches you are describing sounds like a migraine. With a migraine, you feel the pounding in your head, and the only thing you want to do is lay down. The light and sound make the pain worse, and it can be very severe at times. I had a bad migraine about a month and a half ago, and I could not stop vomiting from it. I finally caved and had my hubby take me to the ER for some pain relief.

Gentle healing hugs,
    Kim
  3. Empower

Empower New Member

I had one of those last week

I didn't know if I had a migraine, or if it was a bad sinus headache
  4. gymmbabe

gymmbabe New Member

I get this type of head too. Only it's only on half of my head (usually the left side). I have pressure in my ear and a headache that pulsates with my heart beat. I have found that using moist heat along with trigger point massage helps alot. Sometimes, I get this type of head after my physical therapy appointment.

If its a mega headache and heat/massage doesn't help, I have to turn to the percocet. I don't like to take it because its a narcotic but sometimes I just have to get out of bed.

Hope this helps.

Dawn
  5. namow

namow New Member

I have had my share of headaches and I can feel for you, it is the most miserable thing in the world.
    I'm wondering if it could be an allergy what you are fighting. I just starting my tratment at the FFC and one of my main complaints was the headaches. The dr. there told me to stop milk and so far so good! I have been clear of those nasty pounding headaches.
    I get other kinds ( I have them classified) but not as severe and they can be controlled.
    Good luck (I'm talking very quietly)
  6. kriket

kriket New Member

My headache eased about 4:00am this morn. I finaly was able to go to sleep about 5:15am. I woke up about 12:15 and I feel so much better today. Hope I don't have another headache like that anytime soon if at all. Thanks for all your support.

Kriket
  7. JLH

JLH New Member

Kriket, I'm glad your headache is better.

I used to have a lot of migraines which were sometimes triggered by stress. A lot were also triggered by foods--like if I drink soda pop with aspertame in it, chinese food with MSG in it, aged cheeses, and the other "migraine trigger foods".

I later found out that hormones also played a big part in my headaches.

After I retired, I very seldom have a headache now--so most of them must have been triggered by stress, and lack of sleep! When I worked, lack of sleep was ALWAYS a big problem!!

Hugs,
    Janet
  8. kriket

kriket New Member

Thanks. I am under a tremendous amount of stress right now and am having a lot of anxiety. It was probably stress related. I usually have a lot of headaches, but not pulsating ones like that one. Oh well, I'm glad it is gone too.

Kriket