pulsing,stabbing constance pain

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by karkel, Jan 30, 2011.

1. karkel

karkel New Member

pain running down my leg from lower back to leg..aches,bruisedlike feeling...stabbing you name it..I just took a vicodin and the pain hasn't stopped...anyone else get this ? It's horrible.
  2. TigerLilea

TigerLilea Active Member

Have you been checked for sciatica?
  3. sleepyinlalaland

sleepyinlalaland New Member

possibly you have sciatica which is a pain that comes from the sciatic nerve that runs down the back of your leg (from the spine). I had it during my pregnancies, but the cause is often hard to pin down. Usually it goes away eventually but try to see a doctor. Here is a wiki definition:

Sciatica (or sciatic neuritis) is a set of symptoms including pain that may be caused by general compression and/or irritation of one of five spinal nerve roots that give rise to each sciatic nerve, or by compression or irritation of the left or right or both sciatic nerves. The pain is felt in the lower back, buttock, and/or various parts of the leg and foot. In addition to pain, which is sometimes severe, there may be numbness, muscular weakness, pins and needles or tingling and difficulty in moving or controlling the leg. Typically, the symptoms are only felt on one side of the body.
  4. kezzluvscats

kezzluvscats New Member

yes the pain comes in all sorts of feelings. sometimes we can ride it out. i find gentle massage or tens machine helps.