Pulsing Transfer Factor?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by jane32, Jun 13, 2006.

1. jane32

jane32 New Member

How long are you suppose to do this for again? I have been off it for a month now.

Do other pusle their antiviral drug too>? I have been on Valtrex now for 6 months.
  2. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Dr. Joseph Brewer's Protocol calls for taking the TF's for 3 months and then pulsing them for a couple of days every 4-6 weeks. I do that every 6 weeks and each time, I Herx.

I believe AV's work better, as do ABX, when pulsed following a time of taking them every day. One thing I do not do is take AV's with the TF's. I don't know for sure, but I have to wonder whether the AV's kill the transfer info in the TF's, making them useless. I've never been able to get an answer to this question but I think it's a valid concern.

Taking the AV's for six months should get the viral load down and switching to the TF's for 3 months should start the immune system on its way to being trained to kill the viruses. Because immunity is not permanent, the TF's must be pulsed.

There are times when my own immune system isn't up to the job if I get sick. That is the case right now. I got a virus and then a Red Tide attack. I haven't been able to recover and am on an AV and an ABX. In a week or so, I should be feeling better.

Good luck to you. I hope this helps. Treating our illnesses with ABX, AV's and TF's is still pretty cutting edge and we are all learning as we go along. I think listening to one's own body is a valid benchmark of how the treatment is, or isn't, working.

Love, Mikie
  3. deliarose

deliarose New Member

Does the FFC have u on TFs? and if so, which ones?

Also, I see in another post that you've been going to the FFC for a year now..with mixed results.

What's your take on that?

I'm debating whether to take the plunge.. but I'm still a little skeptical.

Are there former FFC patients who were long-term ill who have made meaningful recoveries?

Cheers and all the best
    Delia
  4. jane32

jane32 New Member

I think the FFC has helped and gave me peace of mind that something is wrong with me. They are very aggressive so you have to be willing to take a lot of pills including meds. I did the IV's a few times but it did nothing for me. I use the FFC, this board and my own study...I think they all have helped equally.

I woudl lvoe to wake up totally cured but I know that is a far reached idea. Recently, I have been doing more holistic things like Massage and acupuncture. The massages have done a lot to make me feel like I am getting healed..just psych thing I am sure.

Getting good sleep always helps..Lunesta and melatonin have been great.
  5. deliarose

deliarose New Member

so the TFs were your own idea? Or the FFC prescribed them?

Also is there any way of telling whether the Valtrex has helped?

Cheers
    Delia
  6. jane32

jane32 New Member

I just wanted to pusle it b/c I read in here that it was a good idea. The dr. said I can do whatever I want he is pretty relaxed and I tell him what I want to do basically.

The valtrex has helped some with my fever cycles. I don't get the awful flu feeling-shivers through the whole night just a few nights with malaise and chills but not as severe. I still get the fever cycles though with it. I have been on it for about 7 months, I just got my ebv levels checked so we will see if it made a difference but the dr. said it probably will not show yet. I pushed for the test.
  7. deliarose

deliarose New Member

tnx for replying.
    Delia