Pumpkin Seeds????

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by MissyHamilton, May 27, 2008.

1. MissyHamilton

MissyHamilton New Member

I read a message about someone eating pumpkins seeds and it has helped enormously. Is that a joke or is it for real?
    I have never heard of anything like it. Could someone please give me more info on this?

Thank you!
  2. MissyHamilton

MissyHamilton New Member

So do you crack them open and eat them like you would sunflower seeds? Is there a special type that I should be purchasing, or just whatever is on the shelf at the grocery store?
    I am just amazed at this, I thought it was a joke.
    I am willing to try anything to relieve my pain as I do not take prescription painkillers. Somedays I think I'm stupid and stubborn for not getting some serious pain killers from the Dr, but I'm so afraid of addiction. (Maybe I've watched too many tv documentaries...)

When I am in REALLY bad pain it usually means a weather change. I live in the Rockies which is the worst place to be when you have this condition. When I told my Dr. that my pain dramatically increases with weather changes, his solution was to "move". Easier said than done!

Who knows, maybe the pumpkin seeds will help there too!

I so appreciate the info!!

3. raven5000

raven5000 New Member

I haven't felt any health benefits from them, but since it keeps my mouth to hand motion busy, it keeps me from chain smoking! I buy the shelled one's off the shelf and crack them like sunflower seeds..keeps me busy! loll
  4. msbsgblue

msbsgblue Member

Mine are in shell. If you pop it in your mouth for a few seconds the shell gets soft, then I turn it in the side, bite to crack it and peel the seed out.

I don't think people with diverticulitus should eat the shells.