Puppy having surgery tomorrow.

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by cjcookie, Dec 5, 2005.

1. cjcookie

cjcookie New Member

My little baby Mugsy is having his hernia repaired and getting neutered tomorrow. I'm so nervous!! Any prayers for him would be appreciated. I'm so crazy, I had to call my cousin and have her give me all the reasons I should have him neutered. She is a dog breeder and made me feel so much better. She had to put down one of her stud dogs last year because of testicular cancer so she said I was doing the right thing.

I made the serious mistake of going on the web for info. before I called her. Some of those sites are just wrong!! By wrong, I mean creepy.

Am I the only crazy person that worried about doing this?
  2. Kinsie

Kinsie New Member

Last Thursday our teacup chihuahua ( 6 mo. old) was spayed, and had a large hernia repaired. She only weighs 2 lb and 6 oz. There's a greater risk when they are so tiny. I just about worried myself sick. They kept her overnight.

My husband went to check on her the afternoon after her surgery, and she had an IV etc. just like people do.

It was a long night, but the first thing the next morning I called, and was told she could go home. I thought we were going to have to baby her ( even more than usual), but she acted like nothing had happened. She didn't even seem to notice her stitches much. It really surprised me.

We've been married for a long time, but this is our first puppy, and we're crazy about her. (We don't have kids).

I'm sure your Mugsy will do just fine. No, you're not crazy, pet lovers will understand!! I even took mine to have her picture taken on Santa's lap. Boy, you could have never told me I'd do something like that!!!

Let us know how he does.

Kinsie
  3. dunnlb

dunnlb New Member

No, you're not crazy. But once you get him home, you will be so relieved that you had it done. That surgery is so common that vets can do it with their eyes closed.
  4. Musica

Musica New Member

even though it seems like it should be a straightforward surgery, we can't help but be worried for our furbabies! It is a good thing to have done - especially the hernia repair (I must say, I haven't heard of dogs with hernias before). Prayers and well wishes for a smooth surgery and recovery for Mugsy!
  5. 1horse

1horse New Member

mugsy will do just fine.. it is always a wory but the vets are very good with the anestheia and all so please try and be reasured.. our thoughts will be with you and your pup