Purchasing Nexavir

Discussion in 'News and Research' started by ARayofHope, Feb 4, 2016.

1. ARayofHope

ARayofHope Member

Greetings,

Can anyone tell me where in the US where or how I my be able to find / acquire Nexavir injections? I have been using this medication for years and the compounding lab in my area (Boston) does not have any in stock - nor does the manufacturer . My prescription (Komaroff) is still active and I am looking to acquire this way or to see if there are any other options available. I did look overseas and even EBay - unfortunately to no avail. Any help or suggestions would be much appreciated.

Thank You,
  2. mcgsp

mcgsp Member

The company that makes Nexavir has emailed me saying they will not start production till May the earliest, however they are selling a creme for twice the money which they contend is just effective. I do not know of any patients that have tried the product as of yet.

I've resorted to purchasing nexavir like formulae from Kalida, since I am new to the forum I cannot insert a link for the company but if you type in (URL name deleted by moderator team) then you will be able to got to their site. The product name is 4ME. Here is the rub they will not ship directly to the US, but and here is the but, if you know someone in Europe, Asia, Canada or even the US Virgin Islands or any country on their shipping list they will ship to that country and then your friend or acquaintance or whoever can then legally ship it directly to you. Our laws are such that we consumers cannot get direct shipments of pharmaceuticals from abroad. The good news is that you do not need a prescription for the shipment. Not as effective as Dr. Enlander's Hepapressin but a good substitute. Good Luck
    Last edited: Feb 10, 2016
  3. Billoy Joe

Billoy Joe Member

Why do you use this injections? What's problem do you have?
  4. ARayofHope

ARayofHope Member

Greetings,

I wanted to update this post as I have recently spoke with the President of Nexco Pharma and he told me that:
    The Cream is not twice as expensive as Nexavir Injectable as using 2 pumps of cream a day makes the Nexco Cream cheaper by 33%. Also he indicated that they are not making Nexavir Injectable, as the cream is less expansive for the patients and it has had good reports to date.

He also made a statement about 4-ME:
    "4-ME was made from our Stock solution (active ingredient) illegally. It is over 12 years old. Due to our legal action they are not supposed to sell it, especially in the USA. They do not have the capability to make the active ingredient and on top of it is the proprietary property of Nexco Pharma."
  5. katte

katte Member

I'm seeing this 6/16 message and hope someone can tell me where Nexavir is available in any form , and when you say cream, do you mean what they call gel ? I lost access to it and really need it ! thank you !
  6. katte

katte Member

Also, I believe someone said their Nexavir was covered by Humana . What diagnosis (s) will they cover ? Thx !
  7. ARayofHope

ARayofHope Member

Nexco Cream (Injections are not currently available) is available by sending an email to Nexco Pharma.
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 30, 2016
  8. mcgsp

mcgsp Member

That is not true as for the 4-ME in regards why it is not shipped to US.. It has nothing to do with the ingredients, it has everything to do with the US laws on importation of drugs into this country to individuals. As anyone who knows the US does not allow shipments of pharmaceuticals from other countries do to proprietary laws. As for 4-ME the ingredients are freshly manufacture from other source material outside the US and is Swine base ingredients from Australia which is where the original Kutapressin the forerunner of Nexavir ingredients came from.

With that said my daughter has now been using 4-ME for over a year and swears by it.
    On a another note Nexavir is shipping Nexavir 30ml vials.
  9. Diana333

Diana333 Member

The Village Pharmacy -Phil Pylant in Houston, Texas has been selling Kutapressin/ Nexavir for over 20 years. Last fall I called and the drug has been on back order for months.
  10. Diana333

Diana333 Member

11. Diana333

Diana333 Member

what is 4- me?
    I have always bought Nexavir/ Kutapressin from Phil Pylant The Village Pharmacy Houston, Texas over 20 Years. From Dr. Steinbach. Now since last year 2016 it has been on back order. I haven't spoke to Nexco.
  12. ARayofHope

ARayofHope Member

A while back there was an active post in regard to Nexavir (injections) and its manufacturing and distribution. Some had mentioned 4-ME as a possible substitute but I have not found it to be near as effective. Ditto for Nexco's - new cream version.

My creation for this post is to find out if anyone has any information about the injections or Nexco's plans with their formula going forward and possible availability. For instance, are there any compounding labs in the US or abroad where even an outdated supply can be attained?

Addtionally, is it true that this compound can be transferred freely as a supplement outside the US - making even private exchanges or supplement website sales (like 4-ME) transferable?

Bottom line: I am trying to open for discussion and explore methods for obtaining any remaining supply that some entity may posses. It would be a shame if some Nexavir injections still existed and those of us who are so helped by it had no of of getting connected. I am sure like many - I would be certainly willing to travel overseas and that any cost is not a deterrent at this point. My supply which is very outdated (but still works effectively) is dwindling rapidly and faster than the progress by Nexco for re-manufacturing or providing a method (overseas) to obtain some.