Purple Feet Anyone?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by jenni4736, Apr 21, 2006.

1. jenni4736

jenni4736 New Member

I'm in the cycle of an awful flare that got set off from a food allergy. I had an appt. w/ Dr to change up meds, etc. While I am on the exam table waiting for Dr my feet turned blueish/ purple. It was the third time that week which arived with some swelling and pain around the interior of ankle. The discloration was gone with in minutes of propping them, the pain and swelling stayed around for days.

My Dr said it was from the FM progressing and that it was fairly common with FM. I did a search and didn't come up with a recent string. Anyone have this problem?

Thanks, jenni
  2. Smiffy

Smiffy Member

My feet go this colour in the shower - I think it's a fibro related circulation problem. I usually wear thick socks, even in bed.
  3. jenni4736

jenni4736 New Member

I've had FM many years now but by DR suggested this board last week...boy am I glad. It's just really good to have someone to ask these questions....there are so many different related problems that are SOSOOOOO random!

jenni
  4. UnicornK

UnicornK New Member

Mine haven't changed color, but the last couple of days I've been struggling with edema in my feet, legs, hands, fingers, toes, and wrists. I think it's the result of a flare I'm battling. I lie down alot, and that keeps them from swelling too much. It is uncomfortable, though. (My flare is from overdoing it.)
  5. suz9601

suz9601 Member

Mine do this from blood pooling inmy legs and feet. Blood doesnt circulate up like it is supposed to and just sits in my lower limbs. I cant stand long in lines w/o pumping my calves and moving around to help pump the blood back up. Mine turn purple waiting on the table at the doctors office too..I think it is our autonomic nervous system gone wacky.
  6. jenni4736

jenni4736 New Member

Wow! What isn't effected by this DD??

Thanks unicornk and suz9601! I really appreciate your input. I am pretty new to the forum and I thank you for your comments. My legs did this on the doctors exam table too. I wasn't scared until the nurse yelled "HEY DR>? ...you really need to see this...NOOOWWW!. O.k. so that scared me a bit...but Dr.said as long as it went away 10- 15 minutes after being proped it was o.k.

Said it was to be expected during this DD and that it was my body's way of telling me I was doing too much...and that I should listen!I guess I've gotten a bit used to IGNORING my body (self preservation perhaps!)!

jenni
  7. UnicornK

UnicornK New Member

I was reading on other posts about something called POTS. Seems that dizziness, edema and purple feet can be caused by this. You can get more info by searching (by title) for POTS. I'm also going to google it.

God Bless.
  8. Gly

Gly New Member

I get purple feet when sitting. I can't remember when it started but it was long before the fibro started. My feet don't swell, though. They are always cold. I did some searching on the internet and found there were a couple of conditions that were not dangerous that could cause this.