put my old dog down yesterday

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by lardsgirl, Jan 26, 2006.

1. lardsgirl

lardsgirl New Member

I had such an awful day...My dog was reallly loosing his mind and after doing thousands of dollars worth of damage Wed. night to the hous.
    I brought him to our vet and he said he was really showing separation anxiety issues...long story short after trying many different methods for his safety he kinda of went over the edge and tore off the sheetrock in the bathroom,window sills are torn off and my pillows were torn to bits , feathers everywhere, clothes torn in to shreds...What an awful day...had him for 11 years. Keep me in prayer!
  2. Kinsie

Kinsie New Member

My heart goes out to you. I'm a dog lover, and it I know it's a bad day when you lose your dog-friend.

Good grief, what damage. It does sound like he had a mental problem.

Prayers for you and your family.

3. 1horse

1horse New Member

You know it really sounds like the dog had a tumor on the brain or something very bad like that to just up and start doing that..I am so sorry you had to do that and my prayers are with you..Peggy
  4. renae1979

renae1979 New Member

I agree - it sounds like much more than separation anxiety. One of mine was abused by his prior owner and suffers from separation anxiety, but it doesn't sound anything like that. I would agree that a tumor or a more serious brain related illness could be the cause.

I am very, very sorry for your loss. It is truly like losing a child (non-animal lovers will never understand that, but it is). I had my first dog for 18 years. She passed away when I was 22 and it was one of the most painful things ever because she had been there for me for all of my trauma growing up.

Our humane society here offers a pet loss meeting/support group. It might be something to look into if you think you need it.
  5. kgangel

kgangel New Member

So sorry lardsgirl. That must have been very hard for you.

I am not looking forward to the day that happens to me, our dog is only 1 year old and every time i read a post like this I cry.

I will pray for you

6. BethM

BethM New Member

I know how difficult it is to lose a fur kid. Been there. hugs, be good to yourself, ok?

7. mary124

mary124 New Member

I've had to put a few of my "furbabies" down. So I know how you feel. They are part of the family. My prayers are with you.
  8. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

To have to lose a pet is heartwrenching. Take good care of yourself right now as this level of stress is really hard on us.

Love, Mikie
  9. hagardreams

hagardreams New Member

I know how hard that is to have one of your family members put to sleep. Just remember that " all creatures will be in heaven", and you will see your precious baby again. He is safe now. Do something positive today for yourself, and remember the good times with him. God bless, Julie
  10. Cromwell

Cromwell New Member

about the decision you were forced to make re your old dog. It is always hard, it sounded as if he was in a terribly unhappy state, and had something really wrong with him to behave that way. Sounds as if it has been going on a while too. We had both our dogs "die" last year, one with advanced lung cancer and the other had been unable to stand up un aided for two years and had to be lifted on a sling all the time. I realise now how hard work they both were esp. the bedridden one as she kept us up through the night on many nights. One was nearly 14 the other turned 15. Your doggie will be running through the fields in doggie heaven now.
  11. jillc62

jillc62 New Member

I have been there with my two girls. They lived a good old age but we lost them three months apart. My baby girl Buffer (small collie mix) got sick and she was at the vet and died the second night there as her infection got worse - that really did a number on me for a while (this was 5/04) and then nearly three months later we had to put her sister down after she broke her leg and it was discovered she had bone cancer and her leg couldn't be fixed. She couldn't hardly get around and her other legs were week as a result so we put her down which was super hard. For a 13 yeard old Golden Retriever she was still energetic when we took her to the vet so it made the whole event super hard.
  12. kbak

kbak Member

My heart goes out to you!!! It's agony losing a pet. Your in my prayer's.

13. fivesue

fivesue New Member

So hard to lose a pet; you sound like most of us who make our pets one of the family. I will pray for peace and comfort.

14. russiankids3

russiankids3 New Member

It's so difficult to lose a pet. I've had to put a few animals down and it stays with you.

As time goes on it will get easier. Remember all the good times you have had with your beloved dog.

So sorry. My thoughts are with you at this difficult time.

15. lardsgirl

lardsgirl New Member

I't been a few days and we had been talking about all the crazy Fun things he did..His expression would change if I took off his collar, he would would carry it around untill I'd put it back on...He would tip=toe to the door if we said that there was a squirrel outside... In all the years we had him, he would not let us watch him go to the bathroom..He was a gift!!! thanks forthe kind words and prayers!!
    [This Message was Edited on 01/31/2006]

[ advertisement ]