Puzzles and Apples....

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia and ME & Chronic Fatigue Syndrome' started by petemora, Feb 12, 2013.

1. petemora

petemora Member

I have felt the best I have felt in 7 years, since I finally quit work and went on disability. (I was diagnosed with CFS in 1999). The problem (?) is, I don't know what I have done recently that is working. There have been 4 major changes in my life since last fall.

1. I started taking 40 mg. of Omeprazole (generic Prilosec OTD) last fall for my sort of severe acid reflux. No more vomiting, no more acid reflux. Problem fixed!

2. I did not get a flu shot this year because of my fear that it would wreak havoc with my immune system. Naturally, then, I got the flu! I came down with the flu on December 16th and it didn't totally go away until January 13th. Anyway, since I got over the flu, I have felt much better.

3. I started doing jigsaw puzzles after I got over the flu, the big ones 500 to 100 pieces.

4. I quit eating Nutty Bars in December. I was so addicted to them, I finally told my husband to either quit buying them or to hide them where I couldn't find them. He quit buying them, and I switched to apples for my daily snack. I generally have 2-3 apples every day.

The changes I have felt:

1. My day is longer. I used to get up around 9 a.m. and was in bed by 4 p.m. Anyway, that was my goal, and often I was in bed earlier. Now, it's not uncommon for me to be up past 6 p.m.!

2. I feel more "normal", that is, I have more energy and less pain.

3. I actually get bored sitting around the house all day! When I am bored, it means I actually have energy I haven't used yet. Weird to feel this way after all this time.

Does anybody have any thoughts about this?