PVLady about Limbrel

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by campbeck97, Jun 9, 2008.

1. campbeck97

campbeck97 New Member

Hi, I saw your post on Limbrel some time ago but had forgotten about it until now. What kind of dose does it come in and do you know if it mixes with other medications without causing side effects? I am on alot of meds for fibro and would like to find something for the arthritis pain/stiffness that would help without tearing up my stomache.Sounds great and glad your husband did so well on it. Thanks and Blessings to you!P.S. I had mentioned this to a rhuematologist and he just said never heard of it and walked out the door. (jerk) of course he wanted to start me on some high priced dangerous medications.
  2. campbeck97

campbeck97 New Member

Hi, no I'm not interested in Embrel to many side effects for me. I'm wanting more information on Limbrel a prescription food product for osteoarthritis with no side effects. Thanks for your post tho i'm sure many will use the info.
  3. campbeck97

campbeck97 New Member

I have been trying to research it some and first heard about it when PVlady posted about the good results her husband had with it. I don't have any idea what it cost or if you can take it with all the other meds i'm on.I also have osteoarthritis throughout my body along with fibro, myofascial syndrome all causing lots of pain. It sounded pretty safe but would like to know more about it. Thanks and Blessings to you !
  4. PVLady

PVLady New Member

If you go to limbrel.com there is a ton of information including the product insert. or you can search Limbrel on Google.

This drug has been a miracle for my husband. Personally, if you cannot afford it that one issue, but if you can afford it, I would not hesitate to spend the money for this medication. What better thing to spend your money on than your health? Many people seem to pass on any medication because the insurance does not cover, even if they do have money.

We do not mean "Embrel" it is Limbrel. Yes you can take Limbrel with any other medications. My husband is on many meds from gout meds, diabetes, high blood pressure. It really has no side effects and is considered a medical food.

It is a very powerful antioxidant that reduces inflammation in your body. It is prescription only.

You take 60 mg day - I believe it is two capsules of 30 mg twice a day - or it might be 60mg on each capsule. I will ask my husband.

I believe it has a similar action of Celebrex but is not harmful to your body. Celebrex is a cox inhibitor and it says Limbrel has a similar effect.

See below...

What is Limbrel
    Limbrel is the first prescription product developed and formulated specifically to safely meet the distinctive nutritional requirements of patients with osteoarthritis through dual inhibition (COX + LOX) of arachidonic acid metabolization and anti-oxidant action rather than COX-2 selective inhibition. Clinical studies have shown Limbrel to be effective in safely managing the unique nutritional needs of osteoarthritis with side effects comparable to placebo.

Limbrel contains flavocoxid, a proprietary blend of natural ingredients from phytochemical food source materials. Flavocoxid is comprised primarily of the flavonoids such as baicalin and catechin.

These or similar ingredients can be found in common foods such as soy, peanuts, cauliflower, kale, apples, apricots, cocoa and green tea. The fact that these and similar ingredients have been widely researched and used in medicinal products in other countries also supports biacalin and catechin’s safety and effectiveness.

Limbrel provides levels of these flavonoids needed to meet the distinctive nutritional requirements of people with osteoarthritis and cannot be obtained through simply changing the diet.

Because Limbrel’s ingredients have been derived from natural plant sources, they are not synthetic or artificial. Limbrel is manufactured according to FDA (Food and Drug Administration) current Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMP) for prescription drugs.

FDA regulations require that Limbrel be used only under a physician’s supervision and therefore, it is available by prescription only.

[This Message was Edited on 06/10/2008]
  5. campbeck97

campbeck97 New Member

Thanks so much for the information on Limbrel, I had read a post of yours some time back about your husband doing so well with it and wanted to try it myself.Sounds like everyone with arthritis should be on it!! I certainly will ask my Dr. for some. I dont know if my insurance will take care of it or not but if it helps I dont care(as long as its not sky high)but all the dangerous drugs for arthritis are very expensive and the side effects are sometimes deadly. Thanks again and Blessings to you
  6. PVLady

PVLady New Member

I was just telling my husband how terrible that doctors may know their patients are on drugs that really damage the stomach, can even cause death - then a new drug comes out that may help many people without the side effects and many are not mentioning it.

I don't even see it advertised on tv. It might not work for everyone, but you can only try to find out.

It took about 3 days for my husband to feel better but it was truly weird. He had been planning a very complicated joint surgery that was 2-3 hours. The pain was excrutiating.

7. campbeck97

campbeck97 New Member

yes I totally agree with you on the way drs. deal, just why arent they trying this on people in so much pain. I mean what do we have to lose, they sure dont mind writing a scipt for something dangerous. I personally feel like they must get a kick back of some sort on the high price drugs. I am sick to death of all the drugs and side effects and if I can get by on something without them im going to take it.You have been so kind to answer my questions and offer information to me. God Bless you!! Its storming here in Kansas again tonight and I sure could use some Limbrel this 80%-90% humidity about kills me.
  8. ulala

ulala New Member

about Limbrel. I have osteoarthritis in my knees and exacerbated the pain by using a rebounder. I saw a doctor today and he gave me samples of Limbrel, which I started today. I'm hoping for good results.

Thanks for posting about it!