PVLady Tempurpedic retail vs. factory direct ordering

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by rockymtnmom, Nov 23, 2006.

1. rockymtnmom

rockymtnmom New Member

Dear PVLady,

Thanks for all your good advice re: tempurpedic mattresses.

I have one more question, and I am hoping to hear from you soon because I plan to purchase this weekend.

I had decided to go with a retail store prior to reading your email for the following reasons:

The prices were the same, and the mattress is the name brand Tempurpedic

The retail store had 7 different tempurpedic model mattresses to try, and that really helped my decision.

They also were including the 2 pillows ($200 value) with purchase (same as online).

Mattress is in stock and will be delivered in a few days, and they include setup and clearing the old mattress.

Delivery charge is only $200, and can be applied to a diferent mattress in the unlikely circumstance that we would return the mattress.

My understanding of the online factory direct is that the delivery charge is much higher ($500 plus) and is non-refundable.

Is there something I should know that I am missing? With a purchase this large, I DON'T want to make any mistakes.

Thanks for any information you can give me!!

Kim
  2. rockymtnmom

rockymtnmom New Member

I got my prescription from my doctor today and I must say, I am so excited and hope I can get it early next week. I have been miserable with corneal lesions from extreme dry eye, so I could use a little pampering and extra comfort! Also, I turn 40 (ACK!!) next week, so I guess it is a birthday present, too!

Kim
  3. PVLady

PVLady New Member

Unless I am really brain fogged, I don't think I had any delivery charge when I purchased directly from the company. Also, you may not get your 90 day money back or replacement guarantee from a retail store.

One time I did return a bed and got another at no charge, and no additional delivery charge. Have you talked directly to Tempurpedic? I don't think they charge to deliver. I have bought 5 beds from them. Did the retail people tell you Tempurpedic charged for delivery? I really don't think they do...

You also have 90 days to return it and get your money back and they also pay to pick it up. If you have not talked to them directly I would call and make sure. I do know they told me the retail outlets can do whatever they want as respects to the 90 day return policy. That is why I always bought direct - I had absolutely no problem when I returned a bed. I would up getting a different model but I was not pressured to do so.

Perhaps it depends on where you live if they charge for delivery. I am in S. California and the company delivered from their San Diego location.

The last bed I bought was the Celebrity which has a pillow top. I also got it as a king size adjustable bed which is two extra long twins in a king frame so each side can bed be adjusted separately. I always sleep with the head of the bed elevated and the knees slightly elevated.

My husband had back surgery and adjusts his side also.

I am sure you will love any one you get...
    [This Message was Edited on 11/24/2006]