Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by sisland, Feb 2, 2008.

1. sisland

sisland New Member

Is it possible to get your recipie for Bath-Bombs? I was going to ask you on the hobbie thread but thought that this might be faster!,,,,,Lol,,,I would really appreciate it!,,,,,,,Thanks!,,,,Sis
  2. PVLady

PVLady New Member

I will try to find it. It has been a while since I made them. Some of the ingredients I ordered online - like citric acid.

This site seems to have tons of recipes -

I used this basic recipe myself but there are many different ones.

Basic Bath Bomb Recipe
    Gather your ingredients:

• 1 part citric acid
    • 2 parts baking soda
    • Witch hazel
    • Coloring of your choice
    • Fragrance oil of your choice
    • Bath Bomb Mold

BLEND BLEND BLEND BLEND the citric acid and baking soda – this step is super important – if you don’t blend well, you end up with a grainy bomb. We actually use a mixer on our larger batches.

Once you’ve blended really well, add your colorant. Dry pigments or a specialty bath fizzy colorant like La Bombes work best – don’t add too much though – the color shows up once you add the witch hazel.

Add fragrance oils to your personal nose preference.

Now, this is the difficult part. Spritz (with a squirt bottle) the witch hazel onto your batch while stirring with the other hand. When your batch sticks together when squished, you need to start putting it in molds – time is of the essence. If you wait too long, the mixture will get hard. If you spritz too much, the mixture will be too wet and “grow” (start the fizzing reaction) on you.

Put the bombs in molds – wait a few minutes and tap them out. Let them air dry for 3 or 4 hours and voila! Wonderful, hard bath bombs. The harder you pack the bath bombs, the more dense, heavy, and durable bomb you will get.

Note: I used a meatballer to make my bombs. I bought two different sizes and made large and small bombs.

I purchased large amounts of baking soda at Sams Club and Costco. It was very inexpensive. Also the Witch Hazel was at Sams. I ordered the citric acid online.

There are tons of bath bomb recipes and info online. Also suppliers of raw ingredients. I found out about using meatballers from a store nearby. The employees gave me that tip.

Check out this site for info. (there are hundreds of sites)

[This Message was Edited on 02/02/2008]
  3. sisland

sisland New Member

Thanks so Much!!! i will definetly get into making these!,,,,,,,Thanks for all your input! it is very much appreciated!,,,,,,Sis
  4. PVLady

PVLady New Member

At stores like Costco you can purchase inexpensive tissue paper and raffia to wrap the bombs.

I always thought if I could perfect a recipe with a great fragrance, packaging, etc., they could be sold on consignment in boutique stores, or even online.

You could make small gift baskets for Valentines, Easter, etc. For Valentines I was going to use tissue paper with hearts and red ribbon. I have heart shaped molds. The ingredients are so inexpensive. My first interest was when I started buying them at $5.00 each!

If you have ever tried them in the bath, they are so nice.

By the way, the recipe I printed was from the net - it is the same one I originally tried. I have a notebook of other sample recipes.

Good luck!!
  5. sisland

sisland New Member

Sorry i'm late in responding to this! Been in a Flare! Yea!,,,,,,,I have alot of molds because i do the melt and pour soap thing,,,also have some candy molds,,,,,,so i think they will work fine!

plus i have some essential oils,,,,,at our local $ store i can get tissue paper for really cheap and the baking soda,,,and the ribbon,,,,,,need to shop for the witch hazle and the citric acid,,,,,,,

i'm excited to try something new! and this will save money on Bubble Bath!,,,,,,,lolol,,,My Girls will love them!,,,,,Again Thanks!,,,,,,,,Sis
    [This Message was Edited on 02/05/2008]