Qestion about Pain

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Flaxen, Oct 21, 2005.

1. Flaxen

Flaxen New Member

Is pain a self-perpetuating cycle? i guess my question really is..Is there any point in taking the pain as opposed to medicating it? If you use opiates, then your body gets used to them and OTC's do not help.If you let the pain "rip" does it make it worse for your body or just your state of mind.Personally, I find it wears me out. Any feedback welcome.Thank you, Flax
  2. Bailey-smom

Bailey-smom New Member

I guess it wears me out as well but I would rather not let that happen. I have too much to do - too much life to live - my kids to enjoy to want to go to bed every night @ 7:30 like I did last night.

I will do anything possible to keep moving:)

Kelly
  3. geomatos

geomatos New Member

otc's dont help me any ways. as a nurse I know one of the most important things for health is to move. If someone is in too much pain to move, all aspects of health will suffer. mentally spiritually and physically. many chronic diseases can result from simple immobility.
  4. Dee50

Dee50 New Member

Yes it wears me out but I've got colon problems and I'm not useing the opiates because of my colon is so slow.
    But..I have to keep moving or I'll only get worse.
    To me moving is a key thing to my getting better or at least not worse.
    Take care
    Dee50
  5. joanng

joanng New Member

I'm in pain as we speak (write!). I take pain meds and when I don't have any, the quality of my life drops dramatically. I can't work, play, etc. I become severely depressed and I feel very worn out during and after a flare-up. I have tried to 'ride it out' but it just doesn't end for me. I get relief from the medication and it enables me to function, otherwise I'm useless. My family needs me and I don't have the option of staying in bed all day with ice packs, heat wraps, etc. I use them in addition to the medication (OTC's take the edge off but that's by taking massive amounts).