QLink Pendant - Has Anyone Tried This????

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by TerriM, Feb 7, 2003.

1. TerriM

TerriM New Member

I've read about it, but am VERY skeptical on things like this. However, my hypersensitivity situation has gotten so bad . . . it started with meds, then food additives/chemicals, now it has moved on to electro-magnetic devices -- cell phones, microwaves & I even had a reaction during a CT-Scan . . . I am not working, but staying in all of the time is definitely bad for you so I like to try to get out when I can, but EVERYWHERE I go people are on cell phones -- restaurants, post office, grocery store, etc. If this thing could actually help me function a little more normally and not have the bad reactions it would be worth the price, but I don't want to waste money I don't have (I am not working & my insurance co. won't pay me disability because I don't have a "firm" diagnosis so I'm going through the legal process) . . . anyway, would love to know if anyone knows anything about this item? Thanks!! Terri
  2. AnnetteP

AnnetteP New Member

I had mentioned the "Q-link," as well as the "Teslar Watch," and "The Shield," in the post I made some time ago. Unfortunately, Mikie said the archives were removed, to free-up the server, so that's why I couldn't find it by a search. So, I will try to re-type part of what I think applies here (there was more, but I'll just mention these devices).

In an earlier edition of Alternative Medicine magazine, there was an article on EMFs and their effects on the adrenals: excess exposure can keep you in the fight or flight mode. The article did a rather crude experiment using the three tools I mentioned. They started by taking the blood pressure of the subject, to get a baseline. Then, they had him answer his cell phone, and retested his blood pressure; there was a significant increase when on the phone. Next, they had him wear one of the tools while answering his cell phone; his blood pressure was virtually the same as when he wasn't on the cell phone. Again, they found the same results with the second tool. They retested either his resting rate, or his rate with the cell phone and no protection (I can't remember which, but it was to make sure things hadn't changed), before testing him with the third device.

Again, this was not a scientifically accepted test, but I think it suggests further testing, since his blood pressure was basicaly unchanged when he wore the tools. The article gave the name of an organization that has a website, which I will try to find later.

Hope this helps,
    Annette
  3. TerriM

TerriM New Member

Annette -- I really appreciate your response. If there is an indication that this may really work it would probably be worth it to try and buy one . . . I am having an awful time with this sensitivity.

One thing, I did find them (pendants) offerred cheaper on Ebay vs. other websites that just sell them . . . and they say they are the original/genuine one.

Those watches actually look pretty nice, but are quite expensive.

Thanks! Terri