Queer sensation in tip of chin

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by dorabella, Aug 23, 2005.

1. dorabella

dorabella New Member

I had the most odd pains in my chin of all places over the last couple of days - a kind of spasm running just under the tip of my chin which felt as if someone had shot a hot needle through it.

I also had similar just behind right ear, and running mildy along edge of lower jaw (accompanied by aching teeth again).

Anyone else had similar sensations in the face and jaw? Is this (again) fibro-related discomfort or physical facial/neck tension?
  2. Megumi

Megumi New Member

I get those strange sensations, too, although not limited to the face.

The weird one I'm feeling for a while now is a dull ache in a small spot on my left arm like I've just been given a shot, right where I used to get shots when I was a kid. I joke that it must be some repressed cell emotion coming up for some reason.

I do think all these weird strange sensations are fibro related. Who knows why. As long as they don't seem to be harmful, or indicative of sometime serious, I try to view them with a touch of humor. What else can you do?

Not much help here but hope it helps to know you aren't alone.
  3. dorabella

dorabella New Member

Thanks for the replies.

I too get similar in other parts of the body too at times - just not had them in the face before - the chin is a weird place to have it!

4. kac1960

kac1960 New Member

mine is on the bottom of my ear it buzzes, if I put pressure on it it will go away for awhile , also have it on my arms and back, must be associated with the fm,another fun part of the fibro

Kathy
  5. sunflowergirl

sunflowergirl Well-Known Member

nowhere. I've had the worst shooting pain for years behind my ear, my actual ear!

I had been going to a chiro because of my arms going numb. He explained a lot of things to me which made sense. He said that when our muscles get tight, from the pain, they stretch taut across the nerve endings which shoot out from our spine. Some nerve endings go to the arms, some to the legs, and some to other places. This can cause all kinds of pain, tingling, numbness. Made a lot of sense. Part of this DD is pain in the jaw area also (back to the stretched muscles across the nerve endings)

I've stopped going to the chiro because after the first initial adjustments needed it seemed all it was doing was causing the FM to flare up badly for me.