Question 4 xchocolaholic RE: Celiac

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Hope4Sofia, Nov 30, 2006.

1. Hope4Sofia

Hope4Sofia New Member

I tested a slightly elevated gliadin antibody a while back but when they retested me for celiac my test came back normal. One doc says no celiac, the other says I probably do have it since it is common in Dysautonomia which I have.

I'm confused. Do you have any input for me????

Sofi
  2. kbak

kbak Member

It is posible to get conflicting opinons. Your better off opting to do the gluten free diet. Today it's not hard to do because there are so many gluten free products available.

I'm doing gluten free and it's just not a problem. It's certainly a lot healthier for you.

Wish you luck,

kbak
  3. xchocoholic

xchocoholic New Member

kbak is right.

The diet is really the best way to see if it will help you. The tests are not reliable.

The celiac dot com msg board is the best place I know to learn about celiac.

I personally do not eat a lot of gf prepared foods. I feel better if I stick to whole fruits, veggies and meats.

Of course, I treat myself from time to time, but I keep finding out I don't feel as well.

Evidently, I've been too sick and need all the nutrients I can get ...

Just go slow and enjoy the new foods you get to eat :)

good luck with this ... xchocoholic
  4. Hope4Sofia

Hope4Sofia New Member

I guess you're right. I just really don't want to go gluten-free. It's such a challenge for me. I tried it once before for about 3 weeks and it was really difficult for me.

Maybe I'll give it another shot.

Sofi
  5. xchocoholic

xchocoholic New Member

It can definitely be a challenge. But hopefully you will notice changes quickly enough to keep you motivated.

About week 3 you would have been in serious withdrawals if you were being strict about it.

But remember the withdrawals do not last long. Maybe 3 days. Treated yourself with GF anything .... I found if I was full, I didn't have cravings ...

Just be careful not to get carried away with the ready made stuff or the breads ... I did that ... And my candida got worse ...

It took me 3 gluten trials to convince myself that I did not want to eat gluten ever again ; )

Good luck with it ... xchocoholic