Question about a pain clinic in Austin, Tx

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by cyberamy, Feb 26, 2003.

1. cyberamy

cyberamy New Member

I got a referral to a pain clinic in round rock actually and wondering if anyone has been to this office . It's a rehabilitation facility as well. Dr. Graves Owens is the doctor. Also I have never been to a pain clinic and wondering what is involved as far as questions and what they look for. I don't want to say the wrong this because sometimes I tend to downplay my pain because I am just that way. Anyadvice would be greatly appreciated. thanks
    Amy
  2. pamela

pamela New Member

I go to a pain clinic in Austin and they have been great!!! The best thing to do is go in there and have everything written down from when it all started up to now. Also if you have any X-rays that will help and/or lab results. HAVE EVERYTHING!!! Let them know just what is going on and how long it lasts. Also let them know what did not work and your reactions to what meds you had ...good or bad and how long the med worked for pain. If they only work for a few hours and you seem to need more then you need a different type or more dosage. I don't recommend crying like I did. They refferred me to a phychyatrist (sp). They thought I was depressed when I was only wore out w/ the pain. They still might tell you that you need to go to one bcz many docs think pain is from depression. They will help you but don't get discouraged if they do refer you to a phsyc. doc also. It's like a 2 in 1 deal. What ever they say do it in order to get your meds for relief. If you have any more questions, just post stuff to Pamela on the board. My e-mail is in my profile too. Anyway hope this helps...(((HUGS))) Pamela
  3. cyberamy

cyberamy New Member

Thanks for the info!! Is it the same pain clinic or a different one ? I already went to a psych so at least I got that going for me.lol I cried to my pcp and he said I prob had depression too. This damn disease is soo frustrating that you almost cant keep from crying when you are spilling out all your symptoms. I am gald you got good results. may I ask what you take? Thanks again,
    Amy