question about Bibles

Discussion in 'Spirituality/Worship' started by FaithfulServant, Aug 26, 2002.

1. FaithfulServant

FaithfulServant New Member

hi y'all ,

I have a question for you about your old worn out Bibles . I already said my daddy was a preacher , well he never once threw out any old worn out Bibles . When he passed on his children took most of them all 8 of us , and many of the church members took some too . Well I am trying to organize up my house some and get rid of alot of things I dont need and run out of room for . I have serveral old worn out Bibles that have the pages missing and such and I dont know how to dispose of them . My best friend miss betty says to just throw them out but I dont know if I can do that or not She is being very firm with me and says I am being awful silly not to just toss them out but since my daddy never ever threw one in the trash I dont know if it is right or not . I know it is a mess to be 62 years old and still wander what your daddy would think but he was a God fearing man and he was always right . What do you all do when you have old worn out Bible ? Do you throw them away regular ? I really would like to hear what you have to say on the subject
    [This Message was Edited on 08/26/2002]
  2. kathyrere

kathyrere New Member

FAITHFUL, OH I DON'T THINK I COULD THROW AWAY A BIBLE EITHER.I WAS VERY MISFORTUNATE AND LOST MY HOME AND MOST OF THINGS IN IT. MY DAUGHTER AND I LIVE WITH MY SON'S FAMILY FOR RIGHT NOW. AND WE ARE TRYING TO GET A HOME BEFORE OUR LITTLE ZACH COMES HOME. ANYWAY WHAT I WAS GETTING AT WE LOST OUR BIBLES TOO. BUT I COULDN'T THROW ONE AWAY. ASK A PASTOR KATHY