Question About Bowel Movements, Sorry

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by greatgran, Apr 28, 2009.

1. greatgran

greatgran Member

Sorry, hope this is not being gross but for the past two days I have been having skinny bowel movements. They have been frequent but no pain or any discomfort.. Maybe I am not getting enough fiber or its my anxiety just wondering is anyone has expereinced this. Of course I think the worse...

2. Shananegans

Shananegans New Member

My first question would be: How frequent? Because unless it's more than twice a day, I wouldn't worry too much, especially if there is no pain or discomfort. But you may want to watch what you are eating before you "go" because a food might be upsetting your system. This happened to me when I found I was lactose intolerant.

3. TigerLilea

TigerLilea Active Member

If this lasts for more than a couple of weeks you should get a colonoscopy done to make sure you don't have any polyps. Skinny BMs can indicate an obstruction in the bowel.
  4. MsE

MsE New Member

This isn't on your subject, my friend, but I wanted to let you know I posted a note to you on the chitchat board. Take a look.

Now, regarding your BM problem--I've had more frequent BM's since getting CFIDS. I haven't worried about it. Maybe I should, but I haven't 'cause I'm regular as clockwork. Now I'll read what the people who replied to you have to say on the subject.

Hope you reply to the chitchat note. Hugs, MsE
  5. hermitlady

hermitlady Member

I had this happen due to internal hemmorroids. I did have a colonoscopy to rule out polyps and they just found the hems. What fun that was!
  6. Pansygirl

Pansygirl New Member

I'm sorry you are going through this.

If it happens more than a couple of days I would go to the doctor .

I have frequent bathroom issues too , I've never been diagnosed with IBS
    but looking back on the previous years before being diagnosed with fibro
    it seems that way.

Adding fiber on a regular basis has helped me a lot
    with this but I still have trouble every now and then.

Keep us posted and please do go to the doctor if it continues.

gentle hugs, Susan