Question about Burbur

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by ANNXYZ, Mar 7, 2006.

1. ANNXYZ

ANNXYZ New Member

Does anyone here really feel that burbur helps with the herx or die off misery ? Sometimes I think it just makes me feel worse . I really can not find any literature that supports the use of it .

I would appreciate your personal experience with burbur ,
    and any feedback on this subject.
  2. ANNXYZ

ANNXYZ New Member

3. ANNXYZ

ANNXYZ New Member

4. ANNXYZ

ANNXYZ New Member

for lyme. I have stopped both for a couple of days and still feel herx symptoms , which seems odd .
  5. ANNXYZ

ANNXYZ New Member

6. hopeful4

hopeful4 New Member

Hi annxyz,
    I am on cumanda and azithromycin for lyme, and am herxing regularly. I was instructed to build up to 20 drops of cumanda twice a day before starting the burbur, but I haven't yet been able to get up to the 20 drops. So I can't really help you about the effects of the burbur.

Even though you have stopped the doxy and samento, you can continue herxing. The ABX can remain in your system for a number of days, I don't know the exact number for doxy. For the azithromycin it is about 7 days. So the herx will not necessarily stop right away.

Since my herxes are so miserable (every heard of a good herx?) I've contacted my Dr., and will start to pulse: 3 weeks on, 1 week off. This should ease the herx.

What kind of doctor is treating you? Do you have an LLMD? Have you discussed pulsing? Are you detoxing, too?

It's a lot to go through. I hope that you will feel better really soon.

Take care, and hang on for the ride,
    Hopeful4

7. ANNXYZ

ANNXYZ New Member

I was going to the Atlanta FFC and now have moved to Texas and have gone to the Dallas FFC , but have reservations about the doc there.

I have only been on doxy and samento. I can not tell if
    burbur helps with herxing . What are your herx symptoms ? I have chills, VERY sore lymph nodes , aching all over ,
    ears that feel full of fluid or water , and a sore chest
    in sternum area ( like pleurisy ) .

I may go to the Ft worth FFC because there is a doc who knows more about lyme . I honestly do not know if ANY doctor really knows how to successfully treat it . Are you improving ? Do you know of any people who have gotten well with treatment ?
  8. hopeful4

hopeful4 New Member

Your herxing symptoms are quite different from mine. I've had highly increased cognitive problems, increased fatigue, muscle weakness (having trouble walking), highly emotional, irritable, angry, and plunging depression, very scary. Overall miserable and non-functional.

I'm being treated at the Seattle FFC. Although my doctor is fairly new with treating lyme, she seems to be doing a good job so far.

I've only been treating the lyme since Dec. I'm not seeing any improvement, yet, it's just too early. I've had the lyme a long time, and it's going to take a long time to treat it.

Please do not lose hope. Many people recover from lyme disease and gain back their lives. Have you visited lymenet dot org? There is a forum there and much helpful information.

Is it possible to find an LLMD in Texas?

Best wishes, don't give up,
    Hopeful4

9. ANNXYZ

ANNXYZ New Member

for your kind words. I intend to keep trying to improve my health. I do question, however , if those of us with long term chronic lyme can fully recover .
    I have been on doxy and samento several months and can not
    tolerate high doses . However, I do sense I am NOT as WEAK as when I started , so I figure that even lightening the bacteria load can improve my quality of life .

I will watch your posts to see how you are coming along . Thanks for sharing !
  10. hopeful4

hopeful4 New Member

Ann,

Another thing that might help is connecting up with some live people in your state. Have you looked into the Texas LDA or support groups? Here's how:

texaslymediseaseassociation dot org

or

lymenet dot org go to Support Groups, United States, Texas

You are not alone. Together we're stronger.

Take care,
    Hopeful4