Question about Burning Pain

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Empower, Jun 10, 2010.

1. Empower

Empower New Member

I haven't posted in awhile. I have Fibromyalgia and Chronic Fatigue, diagnosed a long time ago

I have been having all sorts of problems. Longt story short, I had to have tendon surgery in my ankle and docs think I developed RSD in my foot. It burns, turns red white and blue and swells alot

Ok, so I had a lumbar sympathetic nerve block 2 weeks ago, and will probably have another next week

BUT, the burning is now in my arms and legs. I know RSD can spread, but I am wondering if it is something else.

This feeling feels familiar. It feels like my skin is sunburnt and very sore to the touch. It is intermittent

To confuse things, I have a lot of cervical spine issues and tendonitis in my arm. Also, 3 weeks ago, my ANA was elavated and my Smith Antibody was positive, possible Lupus

Could this just be the fibro? Anyone else experience this burning sore skin pain?
  2. Nanie46

Nanie46 Moderator

All of the symptoms you described can ultimately happen due to chronic infections like Borrelia burgdorferi and Babesia.

Many, many people here have found this to be true. FM and CFS might be diagnoses in themselves, but you are better off looking at them as symptoms of a larger infectious picture if you want to find the CAUSE(S) of your illness and have a chance to recover.

Please take a look at this booklet which contains easy to read info and a great symptom list...

This is a great paper written by an expert in the field...symptom list p 9-11, and info about infections like Babesia, Bartonella, Ehrlichia etc on p 22-27...
  3. Misfit101

Misfit101 New Member

I would sure ck out those websites. I came here bc i thought my fibro had kicked into overdrive. Thanks to the ppl who steered me in the right direction...i very recently tested positive for lyme. Of course not all who have fm/cfs have lyme. Just do the research please. Theres a thread on the lyme board that talks about these burning feelings. I have them as well.
  4. Janalynn

Janalynn New Member

I had the exact same type of pain you're describing on my left arm for quite a while several years ago- before I was officially diagnosed (thought I had MS). I could actually almost draw an outline of where it began and ended. It was from my hand up to midway between elbow and shoulder. I couldn't touch my arm.

It was nerve endings. I did end up having the same type of pain down my calf several months later, went away, then have had it a couple of time. It is not a common thing with me, thank goodness. It actually felt like someone had spilled acid on me (without the blistering etc.)

Fast forward many years later, while visiting with my Mom's neurologist I brought it up. He said can be very common in some people w/Fibro. BTW - I did see a neurologist after my arm incident and had a nerve conductor test which came back normal thankfully.

So - YES, I've felt your pain!
    I hope it goes away soon!