Question about Cfs and social security

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by jm4130, Aug 2, 2008.

1. jm4130

jm4130 New Member

I just signed up. I have had cfs since 1988. I finally decided to look into Social Security. I have been able to get by all these years being self employed. But , s/e is going pretty poor. As well as the expected health conditions. I have tried working, but usually get really sick in about 4 months. Never works. I heard one needs a good lawyer. I have applied a few times , but was denied. I heard cfs is now recognized as a true condition. Thanks for taking the time to read this! John
    oh here's a few "health" tips that I have used for 20 plus years:
    1. Hydrogeon Peroxide -ears and throat
    2. Ear Candles + ear oil
    3. Salt water in throat
    4. Gamma globulin (Dr's say this does not work)
    5. Xnanx
    6. St John's Wort
    7. Melotonin
  2. tgeewiz

tgeewiz Member

I don't understand what your question is?

3. Susan07

Susan07 New Member

John, your bio isn't filled in yet so not sure where you live or your age.

Some say it is easier to get if you are 55 or older.

I live in Texas and was 54 when I applied on-line. I was approved the first time. I did not use a lawyer.

Will your doctor provide you with a statement regarding your CFS? That will certainly help.

Take care

[This Message was Edited on 08/03/2008]
  4. landra

landra New Member

At the top of messages is a shaded part with SSInformation in Caps. There is a lot of information in there. Marti Zavala has posted how she did hers without an attorney. It will give you an idea of how comprehensive you need to be.

Appeals after denial usually need an attorney. Besure you get a signed contract that allows a % (20 I think) of back pay or %5,000 (and something) whichever is LESS. The attorney know how to put allthe things together with the right words - sort of like "key words" on a computer search.

I just got my denial and will be gathering things for my attorney.

Best wishes. Landra