Question about CFS/FMS and Neck Problems

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Empower, Apr 30, 2007.

1. Empower

Empower New Member

I am starting to see alot of us with CFS/FMS have neck problems

Could the neck issues like degenerative disc disease be causing the CFS/FMS?
  2. AllWXRider

AllWXRider New Member

in the spleen and in the spinal column. When our immune system gets weak, it can go to a Chronic state and cause swelling (ME).

See if a heating pad on the sore area helps. Most viruses don't like heat.

More biologists are now thinking that Chondroitin and Glucosamine are glyconutrients and inhibit certain viruses from eating away at cartilidge.

Systemic enzymes eat away at scar tissue (its dead!) and the protien coating on viruses. Research Dr. William Wong on that topic.
  3. Marta608

Marta608 Member

You may think I'm being too simplistic but I believe many of the problems we have with our necks are from tension and poor posture. I went last week to a massage therapist who worked on my neck, shoulders and upper back for over a half hour. She said I had a lot of "knots" and that most people carry tension in their necks and shoulders. I know she was right. I also found out that when we tense up our shoulders, we shut off blood supply to our brains! Huh? Meditation, anyone?

And a quick caution about heating pads. Don't use (an appropriate) heating pad without also using a damp washcloth with it (moist heat) 20 minutes on, 20 minutes off. Dry heat will make the problem worse. Same with other body parts.

Marta
    [This Message was Edited on 04/30/2007]