Question about CFS symptoms and recovery

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Michelle_NZ, May 15, 2006.

1. Michelle_NZ

Michelle_NZ New Member

Hi folks

Since I relapsed into CFS in Dec last year, I have developed new symptoms which I did not have before.

These include

- Very low blood pressure - I dont know if its NMH but my doctor wants me to take Florinef to see if it helps.

- Some neurological symptoms including numbness and tremors.

- Cognitive problems - I am talking slower, finding it hard to find my words sometimes.

Those of you that have experienced recovery before - did all of your symptoms disappear?

I'm worried that I'm developing so many new symptoms that this illness is settling into my system and I'll never get better.

Thanks
    Michelle
  2. LittleBluestem

LittleBluestem New Member

can be caused by low blood volume. CFS gets the electrolyte balance off and the body compensates by reducing blood volume. Before taking a drug, you might see if salt will help. Eat some extra non-iodized salt - sea salt or rock salt. I’m not sure about Kosher salt.

My symptoms are improving agonizingly slowly.
  3. Michelle_NZ

Michelle_NZ New Member

I'm counting down the days till my appointment with a neurologist. These new symptoms are driving me nuts.

I'm currently reading "Living with ME" by Dr Charles Sheppard - a Doctor with CFS/ME. He says that he had CFS for 5 years before the neurological symptoms started, and then they come and go every year. He has had it for over 20 years now I think.

It's a good read if anyone is interested.

Thanks
    Michelle