Question about chaparral

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by namow, Dec 2, 2002.

1. namow

namow New Member

I would like to know if anyone has taken CHAPARRAL, I have a niece who has FM and she is taking it and seems to help her a lot.
    I would like to have some input on that
    Thank you
  2. namow

namow New Member

I would like to know if anyone has taken CHAPARRAL, I have a niece who has FM and she is taking it and seems to help her a lot.
    I would like to have some input on that
    Thank you
  3. Shirl

Shirl New Member

I have not tried Chaparral for Fibro, but it is considered an antioxidant, which is great.

I looked it up in one of my herbal books.It seems to be good for a number of aillments encluding, arthritis,tooth decay, gum disease and it is also has anti-tumor effects. Plus a few others.

The only Safty Factor it states is that in large doses it could interfere with the kidneys and the lymph-system. So if you have an existing kidney problem it would not be a good idea to take it.

If you want anymore information, I will be glad to look it up for you.

Its great to hear your sister is doing good on it.

I take a four herbal formula, its called; 'Essiac', its great for cleansing the liver and the blood. Plus a lot of other benefits.

Shalom, Shirl
  4. namow

namow New Member

Thank you so much for your answer.
    I really would like more information about chaparral, I am concerned about the possible side effects.
    Also would like to know more about the essiac.
    A big hug!
    namow
    [This Message was Edited on 12/03/2002]
  5. jesuslover

jesuslover New Member

There used to be a tv show called "The High Chapparal" and some of the guys on the show were kinda hot, but other than that, I have never heard of Chapparal. Just wanted to be silly.

Nancy S.
  6. klutzo

klutzo New Member

This can poison you if you exceed the safe dose even a bit. Some feel there is no safe dose. I'd not try it except under the guidance of a very experienced Naturopath. Maybe you could go to whomever your niece goes to, since she seems to be doing OK.
    Klutzo