Question about Colonics and Probiotics...

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Lanie, Jan 28, 2003.

1. Lanie

Lanie New Member

Hello all, I hope you can give me some great advice. ;P
    I am looking into cleansing my system. Colon, liver, etc.

There are so many products and ideas out there, I need help. I know a lot of them are hokey also, I want to do the one that will be most beneficial with the least discomfort. I was looking at some of the products offered on this site and honestly don't know where to begin. There are a few options and I don't know what the best choice for me is.

I have FM, hypothyroidism, and some pretty severe bowel problems now.

Any advice?
    Thanks,
    Lanie
  2. Lanie

Lanie New Member

BUMP!
    Thanks!
  3. AnnetteP

AnnetteP New Member

I love colonics and have probably done close to 50, but I do them more for constipation than for cleansing the rest of my body (though they claim it works for all the body, not just the colon). I have pretty much gotten my IBS-C under control, with the only recurrences happening during stressful times. But, for a time I was doing anywhere from 2-3 a week. Now, I get them as the need arises and I probably haven't had one since early December, during a time I was in an awful flare.

I just did a liver/gallbladder flush last night/this morning. I was utterly amazed at what came out of me. I had done a cleanse a few weeks ago, because I was starting to suspect my gall bladder was in need of one (I would get sick to my stomach when eating fried eggplant and sauteed fennel). Unfortunately, I didn't pass anything, but I think it was because the instructions were incomplete.

Long story short...on Sunday I had what I think was a gallbladder attack, so I found a cleanse online and decided to start it Monday. It consisted of the most awful tasting concoctions I have ever swallowed, but the final outcome far exceded my expectations. In fact, I almost didn't do the last two steps this morning, because I felt so awful. Had I omitted those two steps I am sure I wouldn't have released the stones I did. I passeed HUNDREDS! I will do another one in two weeks. For a list of flushes/cleanses you can go to curezone (I used Hulda Clark's flush, but folllowed a pre-cleanse from one of the other recipes; btw I didn't do any of the other cleanses she recommended doing beforehand since mine was an emergency situation.)

Hope this helps,
    Annette
  4. Lanie

Lanie New Member

What do you all think of the Probiotics on this site as well as the cleanses?

Wow Annette, thanks for the advice. I must admit though, I should probably not do my gall bladder. I am going for tests on it as well as a couple other areas for WLS. It would be bad for me to clean it out first.

Since I have 2 kids at home and watch a 1 y/o during the day, I am a bit fearful of the side effects of flushing out my system but I feel the need for it. Thanks for your reply Annette.

Best wishes,
    Lanie