question about congressman about disability help

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by joannie1, May 6, 2003.

  1. joannie1

    joannie1 New Member

    I don't want to sound dumb here but does all the congressmen and state representatives have different areas of work and how do I go about finding the one that would offer the most help with overseeing my disability claim. I appreciate you help.
  2. Mikie

    Mikie Moderator

    Check the internet, or call the local League of Women Voters for the senators and reps who represent your area.

    Love, Mikie
  3. Cin

    Cin New Member

    As it was explained to me, state reps cannot help with SSDI and SSD because they are federal programs, but your US Senator for your state and/or your US congressman for your area can help. There is a website that you can find, just do an internet search of congress.
    Good Luck,
  4. joannie1

    joannie1 New Member

    Thanks you all. I have been ringing everyones ear this morning. I did get ahold of one of our senators offices and they said that I was to send in a letter and they will gladly follow up on it and see what they can do.. I am seeing my attorney friday and trying to contact the examiner from disability too.
    I got my spunk back and going after everyone.. Tired of not having anything done here.
  5. Mikie

    Mikie Moderator

    If you send a very well written and articulate letter, SS may decide you are capable of working if you can write such a letter. They will use anything to discredit you.

    Love, Mikie
  6. MemoryLane

    MemoryLane Member

    You will have one assigned to your District, but you need to find the Representative that chairs the committee that oversees the state agency acting as the Disability Determination Service for the SSA in your state.

    In my state it's under the committee that oversees Human Services. Within their jurisdiction is the Texas Rehabilitation Commission who is my state's DDS for the SSA.

    This is what I plan to do:

    Send a letter to the State Representative who Chairs the Committee for Human Services and copy to:

    My District's State Representative
    My District's Senator
    My District's Congressman

    In addition, as I mentioned in your other post, I plan to file a discrimination complaint to the SSA Disability Office, on behalf of CFIDS.

    Hope this helps,
  7. allhart

    allhart New Member

    i just picked the congressmen thats name i was most familar with for my state,
    im so thankful for there help when the judge sent my approval letter he also sent a copy of the letter he was sending to the conressmen to let him know i was approved,
    i was told by someone at ss to write my congressmen because there offices seem to be the ones that help the most,