Question about deleted posts

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Kat_in_Texas, Feb 13, 2006.

1. Kat_in_Texas

Kat_in_Texas New Member

I know that the moderators can delete a post if the contents are offensive or if the person who posted has not followed the board rules ....

I posted a question earlier today and it has been deleted. I just want to know WHY it was deleted. It would be nice to get some sort of email notification or at least a clarification of what I'm doing wrong.

Sheesh.
  2. Kat_in_Texas

Kat_in_Texas New Member

Yes, I know it made it to the board because I read it myself. I figured it just got moved back a page or two because of how quickly the board moves, but it's not on my profile at all.

This is the second time I have posted a specific question about colonics and the second time the post has been deleted. I'm just confused about why that topic would be off limits? Other people mention it.

I did refer to a website but did not give the url link. Maybe that's why it was taken off the board?

I don't mind that it was deleted, I'd just like to know why.

Thanks for your response!
    Kat
  3. suz9601

suz9601 Member

I have had several posts deleted and no one told me why. I, like you, would just like some notification.
  4. Cromwell

Cromwell New Member

even parts of a sentence that had nothing bad in them. I don't know why. It is upsetting, esp for those of us who try so hard to be positive and helpful.

I have written to Pro Health about this but no reply.

LOve Anne
    ps hope this makes it!!!!!
  5. TwinMa

TwinMa New Member

When I read a particularly helpful post - one that really speaks to me, I will copy and paste the post into a Word document. That way I have the valuable info I want on my computer. I am the only one who can delete it.

Recently there was a good post about a liquid calcium and magnesium supplement that I thought I might want to try. Luckily I had cut and pasted the post, because that particular poster disappeared along with all her posts.

Cut and paste. Or print info you find helpful. Have a back up plan.

Also, many times when I am initiating a thread, I will write the post in Word. Then when I have it written the way I want, I will cut and paste it into the posting box. That way, I still have my original post. Sometimes posts "go away" due to technical difficulties or other reasons, as we have seen. But I will still have the thoughts I have carefully taken the time to put into words.

I want to say that I believe Pro Health has every right to delete whatever they want to. It is their board and their rules. It is unfortunate that good info gets deleted when a poster is banned, but that is just the way it goes.

Again, it is their right, but you can save info by other methods.

Katy
  6. Kat_in_Texas

Kat_in_Texas New Member

I received an email this afternoon explaining why my post was deleted. OH! I named a colonics product by brand name, which is not allowed. Oops!!! Definitely my fault! I thought I had followed the rules correctly, but this slipped through my radar (gee, imagine that) and I didn't realize it wasn't allowed.

I feel better knowing why my post disappeared. And I promise to be a good girl in the future!! :)

Thank you for replying ... whoever you are!

Kat