Question about disibility

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by gidet, Jun 16, 2008.

1. gidet

gidet New Member

I was awarded disibility for only three years and they are going to evaluate me to see if I improved. I this the norm with FM? Do I have to worry?

2. gidet

gidet New Member

Thanks for the information. This is very helpful
  3. Heald

Heald New Member

So... does that mean you don't have to work? If so, how do you get to that point?

Since fibro is related to a slip and fall I had in 2000, Injured Workers Fund (IWIF) pay for my meds and pain doctor visits. IWIF finally ruled that I do have fibro and back problems and granted me 25% disabilty.

It has been getting so difficult working lately, I've been thinking about telling my attorney that I want to go to part time to home. So my question is what do I have to do to get to that point?
  4. marti_zavala

marti_zavala Member

I didn't want your questions to go unanswered but I am not familiar with IWIF. Are you in US or UK?

The questions answered above were for folks already forced to not work and on the US Soc. Sec disability.

Not sure how you make the transition. I would discuss with your attorney.

5. Heald

Heald New Member

Thanks Marti.

Yes, I am in the US. All company's have to have insurance to cover accidents of their employee's. Since I was injured at work, the company's insurance has to pay for my meds. The name of that insurance is Injured Workers Fund (IWIF).